Scotland: top 5 golf courses
- Royal Dornoch — The only thing holding this golf course back is the isloated location. And this is most certainly what gives the course it’s charm. The perfect links. Note that twilight rates help bring the price down.
- The Old Course (St Andrews)— Everyone has their own opinion of The Old Course but it is a must play for any golfer. Appreciate how golf was meant to be played.
- Skibo Castle — Immaculately presented. The only thing overshadowing the course is the first rate hospitality at this members only club.
- Dunbar — value for money. Impossible to get any closer to the sea. Very strong stretch around the turn.
- Macrihanish — The opening drive across the Atlantic is incredible, the rest of the course is a excellent test of golf in a fabulous to part of the world.