List of winners and prizes below. Congrats to all 15 finalists, great job on the pitches & touch decision making for the judges!
This year we have pioneered a new TTC pitch competition format — reverse pitching — that have received a lot of great feedback from the community. Reverse pitching is exactly that — instead of startups pitching to the industry, it’s the industry that is pitching startups challenges that have not been solved yet and solutions that the travel industry experts would want to see on the market. Here is our debut with this format — watch full recording.
Special THANK YOUs
HUGE THANK YOU to our amazing photographers:
Full photo album will be available on our FB group.
Drum roll…Winners & Prizes
Huge thank you to all the judges who participated throughout the competition — evaluating the applications, selecting finalists and judging the top 15 pitches at TTC18. Below are the winners announced so far, we also have a couple of remote judges who will be picking their winners after watching recorded pitches, so stay tuned for updates via our newsletter.
JetBlue Technology Ventures
Prize: 2 roundtrip tickets & 1:1 mentorship session for 1 startup
Winner: Boni Loud Steps
Complimentary entrance to Battleground: The Americas
- Six minutes of demonstration time on stage during Battleground(Time and date TBD)
- Opportunity to win a slot in Summit, Phocuswright’s highest profile innovation competition,which will takeplace during The Phocuswright Conference in November 2018 in Los Angeles, California(The top 2 pitches from Battlegroundare awarded slots at Summit)
Winner: Touch and Discover
Travel Tech Consulting (Norm Rose)
Prize: 2 hours of consulting.
Lifetime advisory support and mentorship for the selected travel startup. This includes monthly Skype sessions (or meetings when possible), help with the introductions and advice on necessary subjects.
Prize: 1:1 mentorship
Plug and Play
Prize: Acceptance into next Plug and Play batch
Travel Tech Austin / Capital Factory
- 2 X pitch deck review sessions
- Access to VIP Lounge at Capital Factory during SXSW 2019
- Guest interview on soon-to-be-launched Travel Tech Podcast
- Accelerated entering into the last stage of the screening process for the Cockpit Lounge with EL AL and Lufthansa Systems (Which does not guarantee entry into the program, but only a jump to the last stage of the screening). OR:
- 1:1 mentoring session with Cockpit CEO (up to 2 hours, physical or online meeting).
Winners: GroupDesk, Direct, Shep, TripHop, TrustaBit, Via TRM
- Presentation on stage at our next think future event (Feb 2018)
- Demo in break area at the next think future — Hamburg Aviation Conference event (Feb2018)
Trustabit, GroupDesk, Trvl Porter, Boni
Custom Travel Solutions
- 3 month mentorship program
- Hotel API license for free for 6 months with no start up fee. Normally $11k
Winners: Via TRM, Vacation Fund
Prize: Mentorship & industry introductions
Prize: 100,000 AAdvantage miles
Winner: Group Desk
More prizes and announcements are coming soon as we collect votes from remote judges, stay tuned via newsletter and FB group! Thank you everyone for participating in TTC18 pitch competition — it’s been an incredibly beneficial, collaborative, insightful and fully community driven effort and we’ll keep it up for the next Travel Tech Con!
Full recap of the main TTC18 keynotes day is coming soon — keep an eye, we’ll share full recordings, slides and photos.
High five TTC18 & welcome to the family!