Tribeca Venture Partners is hiring a full-time investor.
Tribeca Venture Partners is hiring a full-time investor to join our multi-stage venture firm in New York, NY. You will be a full member of our investment team. You will attend partnership meetings and be counted on to provide insights and feedback as we meet new companies. This is a 2–3 year position.
Tribeca Venture Partners is a multi-stage venture capital firm that partners with entrepreneurs to help create and disrupt massive markets. The firm provides entrepreneurs with significant resources, including capital, but its unique value lies in Tribeca Venture Partners’ commitment to counsel and access to its vast network to help scale startups for maximum success. TVP was an early backer of leading companies including AppNexus (acquired by AT&T for $1.6B), ACV Auctions (Nasdaq: ACVA), Katapult (Nasdaq: KPLT), Thinkful (acquired by NYSE: CHGG), Clypd (acquired by Xandr), Jornaya (acquired by Verisk), Bettercloud, AlphaSense, CommonBond, HoneyBook, and others.
- You will be a member of TVP’s close-knit team, playing an active role across all elements of the investment and portfolio management process
- Source new investment opportunities across industries primarily in the NY tech ecosystem through a combination of market research and building out your network
- Leverage disparate data sets to find great investment opportunities
- Analyze potential investments by conducting competitive analysis, market research, financial due diligence, and all other aspects of the due diligence process
- Create internal investment memos
- Support our portfolio companies post-investment
- Represent TVP in the NYC tech ecosystem
The most important qualifications for this role are:
- Track record that demonstrates leadership, persistence, and a self-starter attitude in previous endeavors
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Intellectually curious with proven ability to self-motivate and direct your own work
- Demonstrated passion for technology and innovation in New York tech community
- Kind, empathetic, and team-oriented; no ego
- Ability to work in New York City full-time
Instead of a cover letter, please answer the questions below (150 word max for each):
- What is a sector you’re particularly interested in and why?
- What is one early-stage startup in NYC that TVP should consider investing in?
- Describe a creative or novel approach you would want to try to create an edge in sourcing high-quality Series A investment opportunities.
- Tell us a time when you took initiative and either independently solved a problem or created something from scratch.
Please apply here. We will be accepting applications until September 24th, after which we will start reaching out to candidates.
Tribeca Venture Partners is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.