File Management and SFTP for Google Cloud Storage (GCS)
Nowadays, every business or individual is keeping files in the cloud. There are hundreds of file storage providers with different features capabilities, cost, and upload/download bandwidth. However, there are only a few who let you run your own on Google cloud. Google cloud platform (GCP) performance, capacity, and the cost is your best choice among other cloud providers.
Keeping the files in Google Cloud Storage(GCS) expands capabilities in the following areas:
- Uploading large files to GCP for processing (Data Ingestion)
- Backing up files (Terra bytes of data backed up by an organization)
- File sharing (A media company shares files with designers)
- Versioning (A company versions AI model files on cloud storage bucket)
- General management of files (Organizing in folders, archiving, deletion, copy, rename)
- Secure SFTP uploads by IoT and other devices.
- HIPPA compliant HealthTech and secure FinTech uploads.
When you are offered a cloud file manager with sftp capabilities, you look for a similar set of following features:
- Secure and HIPAA compliant.
- SFTP/SCP for file transfer and automation.
- Easy to use UI.
- Deploy in your private cloud on GCP, ensuring your data belongs to you.
- Share with groups and teams.
- User and group level access control.
- Customizable and extensible.
The good news is that you can get all of it at a very low cost with Trillo File Manager application on the GCP marketplace (https://console.cloud.google.com/marketplace/details/trillo-vm-prod/trillo-platform-vm)
Trillo File Manager UI and SFTP capabilities are showcased below.