The “NFT Web3 in Travel” Ticket
Did we just revolutionize event ticketing by chance?
Attendees at the “Web3 in Travel Summit” can buy the ticket with credits cards (*cough* boomer *cough*) or with NFTs.
If you are not sure which one is better, read on.
(Hint: NFT is waaaaaaaaay better).
- You mint the ticket as an NFT.
- The NFT is text-based and dynamic (the text can change after you mint it)
- Each NFT has unique text (ticket number, price paid, minting address)
- The price grows on a bonding curve after purchases.
- There is a self-sponsorhip-auction feature: buy the sponsorship and all tickets will be updated with your company’s name.
- You check in at the conference with the NFT
Here’s how to buy the NFT ticket:
- Go to https://ticket.web3intravel.com
- Choose the Gnosis (former “xDai”) blockchain on your wallet. If you don’t have it, go here first: https://chainlist.org to configure it automatically (a couple of clicks)
- Connect your wallet.
- If the sales started, mint it!
The minting process creates your unique NFT ticket.
The ticket will be a text-only SVG, which means it’s generated programmatically.
This is inspired by the Loot, the same system we used for The Traveler Loot.
It’s dynamic, and it holds your minting address, the price you paid and the type of ticket.
The price is on a Bonding Curve, which means it increases after every purchase.
It goes from 25$ to 75$, increasing quickly at the beginning and slowing down at around $65.
Something like this:
$25,00 1st ticket
$30,00 2nd ticket
$34,50 and so on…
That means: buy early and buy cheap!
Note: Credit card tickets are $75.
REFUND FOR LITTLE TRAVELER AND TRAVELER LOOT HOLDERS
If you hold a Little Traveler or a Traveler Loot we will send you 20% of the price you paid for the ticket, back.
You need to hold them before you buy the ticket and until the end of September, when we will send the rewards.
You can mint now a Traveler Loot for free (+gas) on ETH or mint and pay for a Little Traveler on Polygon (about $60 in Matic or $20 in Trips).
THE “AIRDROP” UPGRADE
If you want, you can pay 20% extra (on top of the Standard price) and get an Airdrop Ticket.
After the conference, you will get airdropped tokens from Trips and other projects, which may even exceed the value you paid.
It’s a way for you to own a piece of the companies and projects presenting at the conference.
We don’t specify the exact amount and type of tokens, but we’ll make sure it was worth it.
NFT LAUNCH DATE
The minting starts on 3rd of August at 04 PM UTC (6 PM Rome Time)
Be there to grab the cheapest tickets.
SELL AND BUY THE TICKETS
If you can’t attend anymore, head to Eporio to sell it.
If they have all been minted, check if there’s some on sale.
This opens the possibility to buy cheap tickets even if you don’t want to attend, but be careful as there is no guarantee anyone will buy it from you.
You won’t need to bring your wallet to Porto.
We will use a system which allows you to simply come with a QR code, proving your ownership of the ticket.
More on this later on.
We can change these things:
- Date & Time
- Title and Subtitle
- Treasures (who gets the money)
- Sponsorship price
- Sponsorship text (which we’ll use in case of abuse)
So, this is not your mystical, immutable NFTs.
It’s very much mutable, by us.
The point here is not to release a self-sustaining being in the wild.
It’s more like a self-service tool.
In what sense?
- You buy your ticket directly, with no third parties involved. No banks, credit cards, ticketing software. It’s you and the internet meeting in a black alley and doing the deal (I still struggle finding the perfect metaphor for web3 dapps interactions).
- You buy your sponsorship directly: no slides, agreements, no bank accounts, sending money, confirming receipt etc…just click and buy it.
You also know what you get: exposure on the NFTs.
So, it’s like a ticket & sponsorship vending machine with no monkeys inside.
WHY THE GNOSIS CHAIN
We don’t use the Ethereum blockchain because the gas fees are too high.
The Gnosis chain is fully compatible, and it acts as an experimental ground for Ethereum, with negligible fees.
Winding Tree uses it for Win.so, Kleros for its protocol, and we’ve been using it for a very long time for our pools, safes and experiments.
Staying in this chain will therefore be easier for all of us.
Also, the gas token (the one used to pay gas in the chain) is the stable coin xDAI, which makes it easier to price the tickets.
Will Gnosis become the “travel chain”? Hard to say, but it seems to be the preferred environment for some of the most interesting experiments.
Where to get xDAI?
You can buy xDAI here with the credit card and have them in your wallet very quickly https://ramp.network/buy/
🕳️ 🐇 Get deeper down the Trips Community rabbit hole
Learn: 🎙 Podcast: Web3 in Travel