Unleashing the power of TRON with TronWallet
Today, we’re excited to announce the first release of TronWallet! You can get it on the Google Play (and very soon on the Apple iOS store).
I remember when we started developing TronWallet four months ago, our team was in a hangout when we decided to participate on TRON Programming Contest. Quickly, a trello board was created and the first card with the title “Prepare Cold Wallet for Apple Store”.
TRON Developer Programming Competition is a 1,000,000 USD rewards programming carnival dedicated to global community members and developers, based on the blockchain technology with the key feature of decentralization.
We have started our journey with a bold mission: Empower users of TRON Network to securely sign smart contracts and transactions without ever asking for their secrets keys. Our first prototype was code-named TronVault, the first mobile cold wallet for TRON available for iOS and Android. TronVault was built before the competition and after our bip39 implementation proposal got accepted by the TRON Team.
TronWallet didn’t win the competition, however, a nice “side effect” of the effort the team put into creating it, resulted in an astonishing seed round of $200K USD raised from TRON Accelerator to continue our blockchain research and development.
With today’s release, TronWallet makes it easier for you and your friends to unleash the power of the TRON Network and its applications with a fully decentralized p2p wallet for iOS and Android.
TronWallet is a beautiful, simple yet powerful p2p crypto wallet dedicated to TRON users.
Here’s what excites me about it:
- No fees — Yes, that’s right, sending and receiving TRX is free.
- UX Design — Beautiful and practical design for a fast and intuitive experience
- Open source & Privacy — Very important, your keys are yours and PRIVATE to you only. We never hold your keys (you may check the code!)
- Fully decentralized p2p wallet — no login, no signup
- Local secret encryption + PIN — encrypted the database file on disk with AES-256+SHA2 by supplying a 64-byte encryption key powered by a realm database)
- All TRON network operations supported (except ‘create token’)
- Push notifications — get notified immediately once transactions are processed
- Easy to use — a lot of detail went into making the user experience very simple (and fast!)
- Benchmark vs. 20+ top crypto wallets — yeah, we checked other wallets to make sure Tronwallet is top-notch in features and build quality
- Tronwallet API — we made it easy for app and game developers to integrate and use TRON
Please check this step-by-step tutorial we prepared to better understand
The TronWallet is an open source project initiative from Getty/IO Inc.
For the past 9 years we have developed over 100+ mobile and web apps for companies around the world. TronWallet team is formed with people from USA, Canada, Brazil, Belgium and Chile.
CEO of TronWallet
CTO of TronWallet
UI/UX Product Designer
Lead Software Architect
Lead Frontend Architect
What’s Next for TronWallet
So, we are always evaluating new features and based on our users’ feedback we choose, focus and build!
Some of the ideas we are evaluating right now: a business version, implement smart contracts (wow!), p2p exchange, cashback programs using a TWX utility token. Other ideas we are not covering ? Please drop us a line and suggest features/ideas at: firstname.lastname@example.org
PS: Please check this step-by-step tutorial we prepared to better understand how to use TronWallet.