TronWallet Revenue Model & Sharing
30k USD Revenue in One Month: What’s Next? From Fee Model to Revenue Share
Back in November 2018, we announced the TronWallet fee model to become effective Q1–2019 with mixed reviews from our community:
- On one-hand users expressed disappointment in having fees levied on actions performed daily.
- On the other-hand TWX and TWLT holders and investors liked the idea of this initial use case of TWX and expected a quick implementation of fees.
As things on Tron evolved and TronWallet started to scale to the current 🔥 54K users 🔥at the time of writing, the demand for improvements and particularly new features in addition to the technical complexity and time requirements to implement fees in the code has led to the review of our business model and the transition to a new model and revenue share plan.
TronWallet Revenue Sources
TronWallet has 4 major sources of revenue or fees:
1. TronWallet Ecosystem:
- Dex fees, both Bancor and Order book
- TronWallet merchandize from TronWallet Store
- Premium Support
2. Token Issuers:
- Dex Listings
- Participate Listing
- Sponsored Participate
- Flash sale
- Push Notifications
3. SR — Super Representatives
- Vote counting rounds API’s
- Payment scripts API’s
- SR managed cloud / consulting
4. Dapp Publishers
- Dapp affiliate programs
- Dapp Dividend tokens
- Ads / Banners
- Featured Dapps
- Outsourcing: partial or full on TronWallet blockchain as a service
- Consulting & Solidity smart-contract development
- Push Notifications
- Dapps by TronWallet
In order to define and transition to this new model, we experimented and validated some of the above potential sources of income to understand the market fit behind each hypothesis. As a result, we have identified 4 use cases that you can see below.
Case 1: TronWallet Flash Sales
TronWallet Flash Sales are a huge success during the weekends. In addition to our own TWLT flash-sales, during January, TronWallet operated a partner token 3-day flash-sale with a mix of preparation/coaching, push notifications, Participate listing + token loading, token sales on TronWallet, in-channel dioBot sales alerts, helping achieve:
- Partner Telegram channel members: from 400 to over 1400
- Partner Sales of tokens in excess of 5m TRX
- TronWallet received ~250K TRX for this combination of services/commissions
Case 2: Dapps Listing
Also in January, during niTRON event, the new Dapp Browser was released with some Dapps featured: TRONbet, TronVegas, FlappyBird, TRONdice among others. We tested several Referral programs: When TronWallet users launch these Dapps, a referral program is activated and we receive a share of the Dapp usage.
These Dapps, through affiliate programs, generate a revenue stream of 1.5m TRX in the first 30 days of operation. Other Dapps reward Dividend tokens such as dice, AB, WIN among other, which when staked create dividends.
Dapps without referral programs provide own Tokens and dividend tokens.
Case 3: Token Listing
We have received over 40 requests to add tokens to Participate section on TronWallet as it is demonstrated that a listed token on TronWallet outsells a non-TronWallet listed token. In addition, Featured/Sponsored tokens outsell non-featured tokens by 4x. On March 1st we will introduce a semi-automated Listing process form whereby token issuers can fill a form, choose regular or Sponsored Participate, provide required information and deposit the TWX for their one-month listing. Participate or Sponsored listing does NOT imply Verification or endorsement in any way from TronWallet.
Metric: +30m TRX raised on TronWallet Participate in the past 6 months.
Case 4: Super Representatives (SR)
TronWallet currently provides voting counts for two SR’s — in addition to TronWallet SR. We have provided these for no charge to help the community but from March we will explore alternatives as it adds a lot of value and greatly simplifies the operation of any SR by leveraging our reliable blockchain operation.
From Fees To Revenue Share
With these preliminary results and the need to focus Development on executing our plan (TronWallet 2, 2FA, Atomics Swaps and a long list) we are discontinuing the previously announced plan and will focus on a new model:
- Dex fees will apply for TronWallet native Dex (Exchanges as a Dapp charge their own fees) — TWLT holders are exempt from trading fees on TronWallet native Dexes
- Atomic Swaps fees will apply — TWLT holders are exempt.
- Revenue Sharing — TronWallet will share 50% of TronWallet Revenue among TWX and TWLT holders. This 50% is taken from income in TRX and income in TWX
TronWallet will share both TWX and TRX income. Revenue Share payouts will be airdropped monthly to TWX and TWLT holders in TRX and TWX tokens:
- 50% of the TRX income
- 50% of the TWX income
TWLT holders will participate in this share in a proportion of 300,000 TWX per each TWLT held. In other words, each TWLT represents 300,000 TWX for the purpose of revenue share.
Terms of distribution:
- TWLT: holders on the last day of the month at 11 pm PST
- TWX: daily snapshot, averaged month holdings
- Airdrop: last day of each month
- First Airdrop: March 2019
- This program may change and will change as we adjust to make it more attractive to users and holders. Any modifications will be communicated.
We will announce the details (amounts of first revenue share per wallet) during the first week of the month, on Twitter.
Join our Telegram:
Follow and like our page on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter