Truflation
Published in

Truflation

Truflation’s Independent Inflation Dashboard is Now Live!

Offering a daily US CPI and the price changes of the CPI categories.

Today, we are excited to announce the launch of our independent US inflation dashboard.

Truflation dashboard is a free, public data visualization tool offering the most current, daily US price inflation information based on real-market prices.

Our engineers and data scientists worked nights and weekends to bring you the most current and accurate inflation information available.

Truflation data sources

Our underlying price data comes from multiple data providers, including commercial aggregators (i.e. NielsenIQ, CarGurus) and research institutes (Pennsylvania State University), based on combined millions of different SKUs (Stock Keeping Units), meaning different types of goods and services. By mid-April, we will reach nearly 100 million SKUs.

The price data we sourced covers 60% of the CPIs consumer expenditure basket, while the remaining 40% is still obtained from the BLS database. We are gradually adding new providers to reach ~80% coverage.

Dashboard information

In the dashboard, we share our aggregated data on US year-over-year (YoY) inflation rates for each day of the year, the historical data charts for days, weeks, and months, and the price changes for each of the CPI’s categories:

  • Food
  • Housing
  • Transportation
  • Medical
  • Education
  • Personal items

What is YTD

We often use a YTD (year-to-date) metric common in the data world to help predict data trends. It means the inflation rate from the beginning of the calendar till now.

We also use a Lowest YTD and Highest YTD which means the lowest and highest recorded numbers this calendar year.

Finally, we use the year-over-year % growth YTD which is the change between this year’s YTD and the last year’s YTD.

Not mobile-friendly just yet

Dashboard 1.0 is the first iteration of the dashboard and is not functional on mobile just yet. We are still ironing out some small issues.

A professional app development company is already working on a version 2.0 that’s mobile-friendly, with more functionalities and higher data granularity, including access to subcategories like rent and cars.

Feedback Welcome

We hope you like our dashboard. Please, feel free to share your feedback or suggestions with us.

You can easily reach out team on the official Telegram and Discord.

For the most current information follow our official Twitter.

About Truflation

Truflation is a provider of daily, data-driven, real-market price indexes and other financial data available on-chain to DeFi products and Web3 applications. Our mission is to provide the most accurate and current market data to the public and developers to help build a foundation for an inflation-proof economy.

--

--

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store
Truflation

Truflation

36 Followers

Daily, unbiased, data-driven, real-market inflation rate available on-chain and off-chain.