Growth and Development — TrustedHealth July Wrap Up
In June our team was flying across the globe to meet up with partners, shake hands, make deals and to present TrustedHealth. July was different. We re-grouped and refocused on grassroot work. We grew in numbers, we grew in team members and we have developed further. Here is a short overview of what happened in July 2018.
1. TrustedHealth MEDICAL NETWORK EXPANDS
Trustedoctor, the founding member of the TrustedHealth network, is now featuring 24 different disease types including 15 cancer types and the additional conditions including allergy, bariatric, brain conditions, endocrine conditions, gastrointestinal conditions, gynaecological conditions, heart disease, multiple sclerosis and orthopaedic conditions.
To name a few, we have recently expanded to areas such as gynaecology and oesophagus cancers. In creating a doctor profile, we concentrate on a very niche subspecialty (below a snapshot of a small part of the gynaecological cancer disease tree) in order to differentiate different doctors’ expertise.
Within both cancer types, Trustedhealth is pleased to welcome the following new medical leaders:
Within both cancer types, Trustedhealth is pleased to welcome the following new medical specialists with profiles below:
- https://trustedoctor.com/mohammed-asif-chaudry — surgeon focused on robotic surgery in oesophagus cancer.
- https://trustedoctor.com/angus-mcindoe — oncologist focused on gynaecology cancer.
The subspecialty details are complemented by other information to substantiate that doctor’s experience.
The growth has been supported by the overarching demand from our patients to grow the depth of experts across the specialised medicine, especially where the complex imaging is being exchanged and discussed. Please refer to the main search on https://trustedoctor.com/ to find out if we can help you with you medical case today.
To the list of our most experienced key opinion leaders, we have recently added https://trustedoctor.com/kevin-oneill , who is the head of neurosurgery department of the Imperial College NHS Trust. Dr. O’Neill trained under the world-famous Doctor Henry Thomas Marsh CBE FRCS (born 5 March 1950 — now retired) who was a pioneer of neurosurgical advances in Ukraine. His widely acclaimed memoir “Do No Harm: Stories of Life, Death and Brain Surgery” was published in 2014.
Our goal is to match patients’ conditions with the corresponding doctor’s subspecialty in order to maximise the impact of advice given by the doctor. Many doctors have a very niche subspecialty, which relates to their academic and clinical interest. From the patient perspective, this means access to the wealth of knowledge and potentially innovative clinical trials as the key opinion leaders are driving the direction of research and clinical studies. Please refer to the video discussion with https://trustedoctor.com/omar-al-salihi from Guys and St Thomas Hospital on why it is important for patients to reach the right doctor for their specific medical condition: https://youtu.be/nvlcWTSwnMU
Building on the network of doctors across specialists’ areas will help us in our mission to be the go-to-platform for virtual interaction in the segment of difficult and life-threatening disease. We get necessary feedback and improve our proposition for the platform to be accepted and used.
2. NEW PARTNERSHIPS ON THE HORIZON
We are currently working on a number of commercial partnership discussions with an insurance company, 2 new hospitals, 3 clinics, 3 MDT teams and several smaller medical partnerships and international medical agents. Advanced talks are currently held with the following institutions:
- Inselspital — we have started a pilot with some doctors in Inselspital in Bern
- Insurance company in the United States — We are in discussions with the life insurance company on providing the platform for the population of insured patients
- Kenya Cancer Care project — we have opened a formal dialogue with the Health Ministry in Kenya and our platform is being implemented in several hospitals. At the back of successful discussions we have onboarded 15 new doctors including Dr. Taha from the Sagam Community Hospital. Please refer to the video discussion through our platform: https://youtu.be/dQhrFRduDCE
- London Neurosurgery Partnership (LNP) — through the successful relationship with leaders in neurosurgery we are looking to formally collaborate with the LNP extending our services to the team, who are practicing across all major hospitals in London
3. WELCOME OUR NEW TEAM MEMBERS
As our project grows, so does our team. We are happy to welcome on board our new team members:
- Sylwia Biszczuk (intern), a cancer biologist and researcher at the Barts Cancer Institute in London. Sylwia works on the disease development and doctor profiling
- Joanna Drewert (legal advisor), a former junior judge, helps with legal aspects of our commercial partnerships and she is keen on development the CSR project including the Kenya Cancer Project
4. PRESENTING, NETWORKING, BUILDING CONNECTIONS
In July we attended the British Neurological Society Conference (BNOS 2018). During the 3-day event we had a chance of catching up with our brain cancer leaders including Professor Colin Watts Professor Keyoumars Ashkan, Doctor Paul Grundy.
We also had a number of discussions with our charity partners including:
- Hugh Adams, Head of Stakeholder relations at the Brain Tumour Research: https://youtu.be/-h1D2BJzxrI
- Helen Bulbeck, the founder of Brainstrust: https://youtu.be/lRmpJyt2A0k
- Tina Mitchell Skinner & Rosemary Worthington, CEO and Head of Support at the Brain Tumour Support: https://youtu.be/2lI0WNPKT1g
5. TrusteDoctor ANDROID APP LAUNCH
The official TrusteDoctor Android App is available on the Google Play store and is currently in testing phase. Go and try it out. Any kind of feedback is much appreciated!
6. TDH TOKEN IMPLEMENTATION — AS PLANNED
The next major thing for TrustedHealth is the implementation of the TDH token into the Trustedoctor platform as a payment option together with the TDH wallet. The implementation is expected to happen in Q4 2018.
Listing of the TDH token on decentralized exchanges is already underway (IDEX, TokenJar), with centralized exchanges coming soon.