Bloomberg instructor training 20211011
Using BMC to get a grounding in accounting and finance
- We have upcoming student workshops in WRDS and Bloomberg, so I need Person A to work on both platforms simultaneously.
- We have a Bloomberg workshop which I will delivery to Person A, however, we can use the Bloomberg Market Concepts certification course to provide a grounding in various accounting and finance concepts.
- Establishing this background will aid in learning our workshop, why we teach what we teach, what is the context of it all, to where will it lead.
- This foundation will also help with WRDS and later Eikon.
- Since it is self directed and includes assessment throughout, it makes my role easier. I will still apply the same process as with WRDS, where I will set more advanced activities and challenges later, especially when we are joined by more colleagues.
Homework for next time
- Continue with BMC, complete one of the four modules required for certification.
- Pick an Feature/Function to describe to me. What does it do, why is it interesting, when would you use it, what else would you like it to do?
- Continue with homework tasks from last time about WRDS.
Likely content next time
- Work through the full WRDS UG workshop exercises and solutions.
- Ask Person A to show me their chosen Bloomberg Feature and describe it to me.