Body, MIND & Spirit
“How easy it is to forget that while we spend our time chasing sunlight, the darkness spends its time chasing us.” — Chasing Sunlight by Tyler Knott Gregson
HOW WE THINK ABOUT OURSELVES
- We’re constantly being criticized — in our relationships, at work, and in society as a whole. What are some of the criticisms we receive? What are some of the lies you have to deal with? How do these affect our thinking?
- Read 2 Corinthians 10:5. Why is this so hard? What are some strategies you use to make it easier?
- Read Psalm 23:4–5 and 2 Corinthians 12:10. What’s the difference between these two verses’ approach to hardship? How do you handle hardships differently now vs when you first became a Christian? Was there a defining a moment for that?
- Pastor Jim has talked about hiding verses away in your head and heart for later — have you ever experienced a truth of God coming to you in a hard time?
HOW OUR THOUGHTS AFFECT OUR INTERACTIONS
- Read Romans 12:2. How do you walk the line between living in the world and not copying it’s behavior? How do we deal with the jealousy and competition that the world creates for us? How do these lies affect what we think about other people?
- Read 2 Corinthians 6:3–5. As Christians, it’s our job to take Christ to a lost and broken world. According to this verse, how do we do that even when we’re broken ourselves?
- Read Matthew 5:14–15. When you’re around someone who is being a light in the world, how does it make you feel? Does it make thinking positively easier?
- We always love and appreciate it when other people notice our bad moods, frustrations, and sadness. In your view, what’s the best thing to do when you see co-workers or friends going through a rough day?
STAYING IN THE LIGHT
- Read 1 Corinthians 13:4–7 . We hear this verse at weddings and in terms of loving each other, but what if we turned these verses toward ourselves? If we did, what would change in our lives?
- Read 2 Corinthians 4:8–9. How can this verse help us through the ups and downs of our days and the trials of life?