20 Tips to Slow Down (life’s not a race)
20 Tips to Slow Down from The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry by John Mark Comer
20 Tips to Slow Down - Twos
20 Tips to Slow Down from The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry by John Mark Comer. Kill your TV. Our time is our life, and…
1. Kill your TV
Our time is our life, and our attention of the doorway to our hearts.
2. Get in the longest checkout line at the grocery store
3. Drive the speed limit
4. Get into the slow lane
5. Come to a full stop at stop signs
6. Don’t text and drive
7. Experiment with mindfulness and meditation
Focus on your breath.
Breath in love, breath out anger. Breath in joy, breath out sadness and pain. Breath in peace, breath out the anxiety and uncertainty of tomorrow.
Persons who meditate become people of substance who have thought things out and have deep convictions, who can explain difficult concepts in simple language, and who have good reasons behind everything they do.
8. Show up ten minutes early for an appointment, sans phone
7. Turn your smartphone into a dumbphone
8. Get a flip phone. Or ditch your cell phone all together
9. Parent your phone; put it to bed before you and make it sleep in
10. Keep your phone off until after your morning quiet time
11. Set times for email
12. Set a time and a time limit for social media (or just get off it)
15. Walk slower
Where in the world am I trying to get to so fast? We literally have no place to be.
Force yourself to move through the world at a relaxed pace.
16. Take a regular day alone for silence and solitude
17. Take up journaling
The unexamined life is not worth living.
19. If you can, take long vacations
Happiness peaks on day 8 of a vacation.
20. Cook your own food and eat in
Simply remember *things* w/ Twos: https://www.TwosApp.com
Personal website: https://www.parkerklein.com