Creative Coding: Spring 2021
A collection of case studies and tutorials from the Spring 2021 Creative Coding class at Tyler School of Art and Architecture
The real power of creative coding comes from self-expression. With this in mind, students in Interactive Design: Creative Coding created large-scale projects to show off an area of personal interest. This project gave students the opportunity to take a creative coding project from idea through execution and troubleshooting to get a unique, portfolio-ready piece.
Before they started coding, they presented proposals for their project. As they worked on the project over several weeks, they took notes on process in order to write up final documentation in the form of a case study or tutorial.
Some final write-ups have been published on Behance, and some have been posted on Medium. See all of the Medium articles on the Creative Coding medium feature page.
All Projects from Spring 2021
- Wonderland “Choose Your Own Adventure” Game by Kylie Baker
- Interactive Coloring Page by Zoe Descoteaux
- COVID-19 Vaccination Pokemon Game by Tejas Dodia
- Cafe Rhythm Game by Kunal Duggal
- Grandma’s Torte Cake Recipe by Kaitlyn Gross
- Plant Previews Augmented Reality by Nicole Hwang
- Breaking and Entering Game by Joe Ketchen
- Flappy Balloon Game by Sana Kewalramani
- Celestial Patterns by Hanna Lipski
- Connect the Numbers Game by Yen Nguyen
- The Gun Game by Henry Oatts
- Exploring the Random Function by Madison Spada
- The Adventures of Bulb Boy Game by Lily Tooher
- Procrastination Station Game by Zoe Vallejo