You look like you need a break
Ueno is looking for someone to send to the Lodged Out winter retreat next February
Ever heard of Lodged Out retreats? They’re these great unplugged outdoorsy events that bring together “makers, doers, adventurers, entrepreneurs and more.” They take place in the woods, far away from the hustle and bustle.
We like them.
That’s why we’re positively giddy with excitement about sponsoring one of you to go to the next Lodged Out winter retreat, in lovely Leavenworth, WA from February 26th to March 1st next year.
Why are we doing this?
Because Karli and Jenny, two of our people in San Francisco, went there last summer and couldn’t stop talking about it.
“Lodged Out grounded me and expanded my horizons at the same time. It provided a warm space for people to get real and support each other in our creative endeavors, however large or small they may be.”
— Karli DeFilippo, Producer at Ueno SF
They had an amazing experience unplugging, meeting new collaborators and friends, and unwinding in the wilderness. So we thought it’d be great to give someone who might not be able to attend otherwise an opportunity to check it out.
What goes on at Lodged Out?
The next Lodged Out is a three-day all-inclusive retreat, with inspiring talks by people like Tatiana Simonian, Head of Media at Tumblr, and Tyler Barstow, co-founder of Vinyl Me, Please. Workshop topics include sustainability in fashion, astrophotography, creative writing, outdoor advocacy and more. And in your free time, there’ll be wintery stuff like sledding, cross country skiing and snowshoeing! What’s not to love? Read more about it.
What are we sponsoring, exactly?
We’ll pay for your ticket, which includes three nights lodging, all meals, workshops, a welcome kit filled with goodies, winter activities and a bus ride to and from Seattle International Airport. And we’ll also give you $500 to offset the cost of your flight to Seattle.
Yes, we strongly encourage applications from people who wouldn’t usually go to these things.
How to apply?
- Make sure the event interests you and you can make it on Feb 26th — March 1st, 2018. Check the details here.
- This is for people who wouldn’t be able to go otherwise, so please don’t ask us to sponsor you if you can easily pay for your own ticket or get your company to do it.
- Send an email to email@example.com with Lodged Out as the subject line, telling us who you are and why you’d like to go. Keep it simple and short, please — two paragraphs max.
- If we pick you, we’ll let you know before December 15th.
- After the retreat, don’t be surprised if we ask you politely if you’d like to write a short piece for our blog about how it all was, so we can share it with the world.
At Ueno, we’re basically a bunch of lucky people who get to make good things. Bueno is where we give back, and help other people do good things, too. Read about Bueno here.