Umbrella Network’s 2.0 Staking Streams Are Now LIVE!!!
- Umbrella Network’s 2.0 Staking Streams are now live at staking.umb.network
- They are an evolution of our 1.0 Polar and Hadley Streams
- Astro Stream joins as a brand new stream for staking rUMB1 tokens
Umbrella Network’s staking streams can be accessed at staking.umb.network and enable you to stake across the ETH and BSC chains with the ERC20 or BEP20 variants of the UMB token, respectively.
Brand New Staking Pool: Umbrella Network’s Astro Stream
Umbrella Network’s newest staking pool, the Astro Stream, enables you to stake your claimed rUMB1 tokens with a much higher reward % than the Polar and Hadley 2.0 Streams.
Here’s how it works and an explanation of who it is for!
Let’s say that you’ve been staking on our 1.0 pools and have accumulated rUMB1 tokens. Your only option (if Astro Stream was not a thing) would have been to convert them into UMB tokens on a 1:1 basis and restake on either of our 2.0 Streams.
Now, if you stake your rUMB1 tokens in the Astro Stream, all of the following happen simultaneously:
- You start earning rUMB2 reward tokens — like other 2.0 streams
- Your rUMB2 reward % is 1.5x — 2.2x of the Hadley 2.0 Stream rewards emission
- Your staked principal of rUMB1 rewards will be returned to you at the end of the lockup period, either as rUMB1 or as rUMB2, if your unlock date occurs once rUMB2 becomes redeemable.
Sounds like a win-win-win. Right?
That’s right, but there are a few things to note in here as well.
Staking on the Astro Stream is of the ‘Locked Staking’ variant with a 6 month and 12 month lockup period. Reward tokens received (rUMB2) can be claimed and withdrawn at any time, but the principal staked will be locked for the chosen period of either 6 months or 12 months.
Locking your rUMB1 tokens for 12 months will earn you 2.2x more than staking into Hadley Stream 2.0. Locking your rUMB1 tokens for 6 months will earn you 1.5x more.
Also of note is the fact that the Astro Stream has 2 fixed variables:
- The multipliers (1.5x and 2.2x on 6-month and 12-month lock respectively)
- The reward pool of the Hadley and Polar Streams are fixed as per our tokenomics
What these two fixed variables imply is that while the rUMB2 emitted by the Astro Stream shall be 1.5x or 2.2x (depending on the lock duration), the actual return (in percentage terms) shall fluctuate.
Umbrella Network’s Hadley Stream
Umbrella Network’s Hadley Stream enables users to single-side stake UMB tokens for our rUMB reward tokens which can later be converted on a 1:1 basis to the UMB token. With the launch of Hadley Stream 2.0, you can now stake your UMB tokens for rUMB2 rewards. Besides this change, Hadley 2.0 has the same features as Hadley 1.0.
It is pertinent to note that with Hadley Stream 2.0 going live, the emissions of rUMB1 tokens from Hadley Stream 1.0 shall cease with immediate effect. The unclaimed rUMB1 tokens and the staked UMB tokens shall remain safe though — but UMB staked in 1.0 vaults will now no longer earn any further rewards.
To get started staking in Hadley Stream 2.0 (and to earn rUMB2 rewards), you’ll need to freshly stake UMB tokens from any of your supported wallet addresses at staking.umb.network into the new Stream.
Umbrella Network’s Polar Stream
Umbrella Network’s Polar Stream is the more traditional ETH-UMB or BNB-UMB LP token staking pool.
Just like on the Hadley Stream, with Polar Stream 2.0 going live, Polar Stream 1.0 shall cease emitting rUMB1 tokens. The unclaimed rUMB1 tokens and the staked LP tokens shall remain safe though — but shall not earn any further rewards.
To get started staking in Polar Stream 2.0 (and to earn rUMB2 rewards), you’ll need to freshly stake your LP tokens from any of your supported wallet addresses at staking.umb.network, on the chain of your choice (BSC or ETH).
A Note on how Staking Pools work
When building a staking pool, the project needs to deposit a fixed number of tokens that will be emitted as per the logic programmed into the pool.
For example, in a lending-borrowing pool, the emission of the rewards can be based on duration, the logic for emission on DEXs is based on trading activity, and so on. Umbrella Network’s staking pools emit rewards daily — which means that the reward emissions are based on duration.
Since the number of tokens set aside as rewards are fixed and need to be deposited before the pool is turned live, as the number of people staking tokens increases, the rewards % decreases proportionally.
In DeFi circles, this serves as the high-risk high reward incentive for early adopters.
For Umbrella Network, what is important to note is that this is why the % return on staking of all three streams — Polar Stream 2.0, Hadley Stream 2.0, and the new Astro Stream will fluctuate as a reflection of the number of tokens staked.
What we have ensured though is that the rewards on the Astro Stream shall be 1.5x (50% higher) than the rewards on the Hadley Stream if you’re locking up your rUMB1 tokens for 6 months.
The rewards earned on the Astro Stream shall be 2.2x (over 100% higher) than the rewards earned on the Hadley Stream if you’re locking up your rUMB1 tokens for 12 months.
- Hadley 2.0: Single-sided UMB token staking pool
- Polar 2.0: Uniswap LP ETH-UMB or BNB-UMB LP token staking pool on Pancakeswap
- Astro stream (NEW): Stake claimed rUMB1 tokens for 6 or 12 months with higher rewards than Hadley or Polar streams. Choice of:
a) 6-month token lockup for 1.5x rewards increase than the staking on Hadley 2.0, or
b) 12-month token lockup for 2.2x rewards increase than the staking on Hadley 2.0
Bonus: Why “Hadley”, “Polar”, and “Astro” Names?
And some bonus fun facts for your day. If anyone is new to Umbrella or missed it before, we’d like to explain why our staking steams are named Hadley, Polar, and Astro. (If you already know, then you might be an armchair meteorologist or astronomer!)
- Hadley stream: This is named after the global atmospheric circulation called the Hadley cell. The warm tropical air rises near the Equator, creating trade winds, jet streams, tropical rainstorms, and major weather patterns across the Earth.
- Polar stream: This is named after the Polar cell weather phenomenon, and you guessed it, it’s the cold one. The Polar cell starts at the poles and moves cold air towards the equator.
- Astro stream: Our brand new Astro stream is named after the astrophysical jet streams of dense, high-speed ionized matter that are expelled bi-directionally by cosmic phenomena such as supermassive black holes, neutron stars, pulsars, and quasars.
So there you have it, all of our staking vaults are named after a mix of global and interstellar jet streams!