Why Micro-Influencers and Nano-Influencers are the future of marketing
We at Unboxed know the power of using nano and micro influencers to build word of mouth campaigns that deliver great results for brands looking to expand their customer base. With successful campaigns for brands like Microsoft, Phillips and Huawei under our belt, we’ve seen how nano and micro-influencers are able to really push brand awareness out to their followers and engage them with new products and services.
Today we’d like to give you a little rundown of why nano and influencer market are so great.
But before we start, let’s define exactly what micro and nano influencers are.
What’s a micro-influencer?
A micro-influencer is anyone whose social media following extends from 10,000 to 100,000 followers.
What’s a nano-influencer?
A nano-influencer is someone with less than 10,000 followers on social media.
Now here’s some great micro and nano influencer stats to get you thinking
- A study by Experticity found that “82% of consumers are “highly likely” to follow a recommendation made by a micro–influencer, compared to 73% who are highly likely to act on a recommendation from an average person.”
- HelloSociety published results which showed that micro-influencer campaigns drive engagement rates that are a whopping 60% higher than average campaigns.
- The same HelloSociety survey also showed that micro-influencer campaigns are 6.7 times more efficient per engagement than influencers with larger followings.
- Mediahub’s entertainment and retail clients experienced a 50% increase in engagement when they used micro-influencers.
- One of clients in the Mediahub survey reported that influencers with 1000 followers generated 85% higher engagement than those having 100000 followers
So far, so awesome.
So, why is it that these micro and nano campaigns can deliver such great results?
- They have in-built authenticity and can be trusted.
Micro-influencers provide real customer advocacy because they are authentic voices. They are fans of the brands they write about, and when they post about these brands to their followers and fans, it works like word of mouth. When a Fashion blogger or Instagram poster puts on branded clothes and photographs themselves wearing them, it’s a direct recommendation, not an obviously staged situation with models that the follower has never seen before. With nano-influencers this relationship is intensified, as the chances are those recommendations will feel even more as if they are coming from a friend.
2. They provide engaging, relatable content.
This is a direct by-product of what we were talking about above. Micro and nano influencers are not celebrities, they are very much like the people who follow them. This creates a relationship of trust and relatability. Micro and Nano Influencers also share the same interests as their followers, which means that the content they create is far more likely to engage, interest and even inspire.
3. They are very cost effective.
Putting it plainly, micro and nano influencer advertising is far cheaper than traditional advertising. There are no agencies to pay and no campaign budgets to worry about. And compared to Macro Influencer campaigns, where you have the fee of a celebrity endorsement to worry about, far less costly.
4. They are easy to execute.
There are no project managers or even projects per se, once the influencer has the product, they are in charge of spreading the word.
There you go. A rundown of the what and why of nano and micro influencer marketing. With over 100 international clients to whom we’ve delivered micro and nano influencer campaigns so far, Unboxed has plenty experience of the power of this new way of advertising. And there’s no doubt this sector is just getting started, so there’s plenty room for growth.
Our vision for nano and micro influencer marketing
Nano and micro influencer advertising are already yielding great results, but we want to take this to the next level. That’s why by adding blockchain, we’re creating a new network where everyone gets paid to post about their favourite brands on their favourite social media channel. Not only the micro and nano influencers who post the initial content, but also their followers who comment on and share that content. In short, everyone gets paid to post. But that’s not all, by using Oracles we’re able to create a self-regulating network where everyone has the power to build their ranking and earn more and more.
Why not join us today!