Links and liner notes. More will be added.
Episode 1 has just gone live (at this link, or just listen above), and deals with the futures of citizenship, access and belonging—what nations, platforms, resources and ideas will we want to be citizens of in the near future?
Below are links of interesting based on our discussion in this episode.
- Estonia’s e-residency programme, allowing individuals digital access to the country as a platform.
- E-residency 2.0 — A new paper from the Estonian government looks at the future of its groundbreaking programme.
- Estonia’s pop-up e-residency consulate in Scotland.
- The view from the US West Coast, focusing more on freedom from paperwork.
- Test Drive Canada—Air Canada’s ad campaign to “test drive” the country before migrating, launched after election of Donald Trump.
- Hiding behind—or trapped behind—national firewalls.
- Amazon cities? — The concentration effect of Amazon’s HQ2 could be a harbinger of things to come.
- Superstar cities—Another view of wealth concentration in a few cities.
- Sidewalk Toronto and privacy worries.
- Inequities of digital identities—Biometric systems failing rural and older populations.
Lastly, Madeline’s short story, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, was published on Slate.com.
Thanks for listening, and subscribe for future instalments.