How to Vote For the Unique One Network Appchain
Octopus Network Testnet Voting is Live!
All appchains in the Octopus Network must go through an appchain onboarding process.
During the mainnet vote, the Octopus Network community, $OCT holders, have the final say by upvoting or downvoting an appchain in the Voting Phase.
Before the mainnet Voting Phase is live, you can practice voting on the Unique One Network appchain testnet to get used to the NEAR protocol interface.
Vote on the testnet for Unique One Network appchain
Here the steps to vote on the Unique One Network appchain testnet.
- Get a NEAR testnet wallet here:
2. Choose your account ID name
3. Navigate to the Octopus Network testnet faucet page
4. To request tokens, first Tweet your testnet wallet address
5. Then copy the URL of the Tweet, paste the Twitter link in the field and click “Give me OCT”
6. Navigate to the Octopus Network Appchains testnet
7. Click “Login to Vote”
8. Connect your testnet wallet
9. Click on “Upvote”
10. Enter the amount of tokens you wish to vote and click “Upvote.”
(You can view the balance of tokens in your testnet wallet in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.)
11. Click “Allow” transfer of tokens.
And voila! You have voted for Unique One Network to become an appchain in the testnet environment!
How to vote for Unique One Network appchain mainnet
When mainnet voting for the Unique One Network appchain is live, it will be very similar to the testnet voting. But before you can vote on an appchain in the mainnet, you will need to get a NEAR wallet and some $OCT tokens. The NEAR ecosystem has all of the protocols you need to accomplish this — including the ref.finance DEX and the Rainbow Bridge.
Here are the steps to take if you haven’t done this before.
- Create your NEAR wallet here.
You can follow these instructions to set up your NEAR wallet.
2. Once you have activated your NEAR wallet, you can go to ref.finance to swap for $OCT tokens.
There are several ways to get $OCT tokens.
If you’ve already funded your NEAR wallet with $NEAR, you can swap $NEAR tokens for $OCT tokens on ref.finance. You simply connect your NEAR wallet, deposit your $NEAR tokens, swap for $OCT tokens, and withdraw the $OCT tokens to your NEAR wallet.
Follow this tutorial to swap your tokens on ref.finance.
Alternatively, you can also move ERC20 tokens such as ETH, DAI, or USDC to your NEAR wallet via the Rainbow Bridge by connecting your Metamask and NEAR wallets.
Once you’ve moved your ERC20 tokens to your NEAR wallet, you can swap them for $OCT tokens on the ref.finance DEX.
Withdraw your $OCT tokens to your NEAR wallet and you’ll be ready to vote!
Stay tuned as we will announce the mainnet voting phase for the Unique One Network appchain on this channel in the near future.
In the meantime, you can learn more about voting for appchains on the Octopus Network mainnet here.