Skyward, a Verizon company, partners with Unleash live to shape 5G services
The promise of 5G is big, arguably bigger than any promise made in previous generations of wireless capability. As Hans Vestberg described in his CES 2019 Keynote, he along with others, believe 5G’s ubiquitous connectivity to be the general technology that will quantum leap us into the 4th industrial revolution.
Previous iterations of the mobile standard have primarily focused on speed and throughput. This alone is certainly an area where 5G excels, with peak data rates up to 10Gb/s and throughput of 10TB/s/Kmˆ2, approximately 1000 times 4th generation LTE networks; however, the seismic change of 5G will occur as a result of two key additional attributes, super low end-to-end latency of 5ms and the capability to connect a massive increase of 1 million devices within 1km radius.
Our work with Skyward, a Verizon Enterprise Company, helped shape Mariah Scott’s ambition to be first to1 million connected flights to the Verizon 5G network; to go beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS) with autonomous drone programs (aerial robots as she calls them) deployed across thousands of kilometers of power lines, mines, pipelines, patrolling, monitoring and constantly communicating to provide critical business insights into the safety and status of infrastructure.
At Unleash live, we are deploying the platform to realize this promise.
Unleash live is a cloud-based software platform that ingests live video and imagery from drones, robots, connected cameras or smartphones and applies A.I. analytics in real time to empower fast decision making.
Our A.I. analytics, coupled with 3D and virtual reality experiences, enables experts to be anywhere in the world collaborating between the field and office to recognize issues, categorize insights and make fast decisions.
Our core capability delivers business insights with
- Low latency remote drone operations for urban and rural infrastructure
- Mission planning, drone, camera, and robot management
- High definition low latency live video streaming
- Custom real-time A.I. analytics for enterprise verticals such as Power utilities, Pipeline industries, Mining, Construction, Rail & road infrastructure, Public safety, and Smart cities
- Secure storage and media management
- Notification and alerts
So what does this mean for your Enterprise?
Today, some 1 million drones are registered with the Federal Aviation Administration, with approximately 10% of enterprises having drone programs. We expect this figure to exponentially increase in 2019/20 as enterprise starts to reap the benefits by:
- Reducing the resources required for manual inspections with the use of artificial intelligence to detect damage and reduce maintenance costs
- When monitoring is required, augmenting the role of people operating the process to supervising the process
- Reducing cost, operational overhead and speed to action by eliminating the need for helicopters and bringing key decision makers to collaborate in real time
- An overhaul of record keeping to visual records for faster access, deeper insights due to extensive analysis capabilities of this new data set and lower cost for auditing purposes
- Operational planning for an event results in increased execution accuracy and situational clarity with real time visual oversight of a given space or assets for faster and accurate decision making.
These are just some of the ways Unleash live is transforming today’s workflows. Get in touch for more details on how A.I. analytics, live streaming and real-time collaboration can help you get your work done.