Leadership Update: Summer 2018
Update Letter (Q2:2018)
It’s our pleasure to share with you our Summer (Q2:2018) Update Letter, which outlines our last quarter efforts and our key asks going forward. This is also a follow up to the goals we outlined in our previous Leadership Update: Spring (Q1: 2018),
Our Partnership Status — Together we are stronger!
It is our pleasure to inform we have increased our partnership network from 14 to 44 partners by end of May 2018. In line with our partnership goals, we will continue to grow in the next months with the ultimate objective of reaching 100 partnerships by year end while also covering our objectives of partner roles, geographical coverage and generational diversity.
In 2018, we have also expanded our geographic coverage from 5 to 15 Countries which now includes: Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, France, Germany, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, South Africa, The Netherlands, UK and the USA.
Going forward, we will be inviting partners to emerging opportunities. We encourage our partners to stay up to date via our Website and Social Media announcements to roles which would complement and expand our organisational capacity and enable us to fulfil our purpose.
The Power of Our Network: Be Recognised
How can you be involved in supporting our growth? We are inviting you to support our partnership and online growth. Our online channels include Medium, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. You may support us by doing one or more of the following:
- Recommending Unleash Leadership to new potential partners, either verbally or sharing our partnership programme page online.
- Following all of our online channels.
- Liking and/or commenting on our pages, blogs and social media posts.
- Sharing our website pages, blogs and social media posts across your own networks and/or other relevant groups, while tagging Unleash Leadership:
Medium & Twitter: @Unleashlead
Linkedin: @Unleash Leadership
Facebook & Instagram: @UnleashLeadership
Our intention is to recognise all contributions made by our partners through acknowledgements in our Update Letters, just as we did so in our previous Letters. We invite you to make a nomination here.
Collaborative Experiments: Exclusively for our Partners
We want to inform you that the Foundation Team has been working on developing the appropriate legal and governance framework so that our collaborative experiments can function smoothly and ensure that Partners can focus on what they have the greatest passion and potential for.
- The key principles of the Collaborative Experiments are that they will become future businesses which are in alignment with our Purpose. We have decided to roll in Partnership Summits, Local Chapters and other concepts, and put them all under the Collaborative Experiments, as fundamentally we consider everything to be an experiment and a potential future business entity.
- We have been extending our Organisation Governance Principles to ensure smooth collaboration aligned with our Purpose and ensuring the fulfilment of our purpose.
- Legal compliance and Intellectual Property Law are complex issues, hence we have decided that before we formally launch the collaborative experiments, we will onboard additional team members who will be responsible for Compliance. We are in the process of interviewing short-listed candidates from around the world. If you know potential candidates in your network, let them know of the available opportunities.
Our Systemic Research — Scaleups
We have completed multiple interviews across Scaleups and we are looking to interview founders in Scaleups. Scaleups are startups that are in their growth and scaling stage. Here are some of our key highlights to date :
- Time: Decision making amongst founders often comes with time-consuming, tense discussions without desirable outcomes.
- Funding: Investors tend to be embraced to easily early in the process, without a good check on being ‘the right fit’ which can lead to issues later.
- Wanting the Next Thing: Wanting to be ‘the next Facebook’ leads to working continuously and expecting the same of employees, with burnouts lurking.
- Overpromising: Overpromising and under delivering seems part of the ‘game’.
- Experience: Necessary leadership skills tend to be less developed given the lack of working experience of younger founders.
- Environments: More introverted people suffer from the open space working environments.
- Roles: A lot of unclarities amongst roles and responsibilities.
- Business: After starting with friends working together, leading to a family business environment, it is more difficult to act more ‘business-wise’ later on.
Do you know Scaleup founders that would be open for a one hour interview? Please share the following sign up form with them and we will be in contact soon!
Our Foundation Team Expansion
During the last quarter, over forty-five applicants have applied to join our Foundation Team. We have shorted list potential candidates for our open positions. We are actively seeking people for the following positions who resonates with our purpose:
- CTO/CPO/Product Development who have hands-on product development experience, and has worked in tech startups/scaleups.
- Fundraising Expert with extensive experience in raising funds across crowdfunding, ICO’s and beyond.
- Legal Expert with extensive international experience, liability and legal entities with an open mindset.
Why Join the Team?
- You will be allocated future equity.
- We are a fast growing startup, with a 10X growth rate.
- An exclusive opportunity to express your passion and realise your potential.
- Invitation to participate in our exclusive in-house mentorship programme.
Who are we?
- Our Purpose: Mission, Vision and Values
- We are a purposeful, passionate, international, multi-generational team based in Berlin, London, and Zurich.
- We are pioneering new ways of working and disrupting the leadership space.
Your Investment Opportunity: Our Fundraising Initiative
Later this year, we will be launching an exclusive Investment opportunity, if you would like to keep informed and are interested in investing in us, you may pre-register here.
We are growing and there are exciting times ahead. We always encourage all our partners to find out what’s happening through our digital platform and social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter.
In order to efficiently support our growth as a digital platform with an evolving product roadmap, going forward, we will no longer be responding directly to incoming email requests. If you have questions, check out our new FAQ page. On our FAQ page, you will be able to find answers to common questions. This page will keep evolving so please review it any time you have a question. If your question is not there, please use the Feedback form for all incoming requests.
We appreciate feedback, questions and reflections from everyone, as Unleash Leadership is evolutionary by nature they help us improve our engagement and experience. We would love to hear your feedback here.
Our next update will be towards the end of Q3:2018, until then we wish you a joyful Summer.
The Founding Team
If you appreciate and feel connected with this letter — sharing is caring.
© 2018 UnleashLeadership — All rights reserved