Whole wheat chocolate chip cookies
Here is something for the little ones at home. My children love Cookieman cookies, so I keep trying different version of cookies. I got this recipe from my friend Anita, and made a little change to make it more healthy. Yet to bake the original tastier version.
However, the healthy version was a top hit. For the first time, my daughter liked something healthy. The texture and taste was lovely! Now, on to the recipe :)
What you need:
- 1 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup demera sugar or normal sugar
- 2tsp honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil or refined oil
- pinch of salt
How to do:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients — flour, salt and cocoa
3. Beat sugar,egg,oil,honey in high speed in hand mixer.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to this wet mixture. keep the mixer on low or stir with a spoon until its combined.
5. You can use your hand to knead it lightly.
6. Add the chocolate chips and combine. My dough resembled chapathi or poori dough.
7. Roll them into 1/4 inch thick roti, cut them into your desired cookie shapes.
8. Place them on the tray lined with parchment paper.
9. Bake for 10–15 minutes for the first batch. The remaining batches got baked in 7 to 8 minutes for me.
10. Allow the cookies to cool completely for them to become crisp and crunchy. They are too soft when hot. So cool them and enjoy.
Enjoy yummy cookies with a cup of tea on a cool evening.
The cookies stay good for more than a week. But, no matter how many batches I bake they are gone in a day. So I am good to bake a different version of cookies soon.