3 New Year’s Resolutions for a Holistically Healthy You
These New Year’s resolutions promote good health from many angles.
The beginning of a new year is a great time to introduce a new healthy habit, or leave behind an old one you’ve been meaning to drop. When you’re deciding on a New Year’s resolution, why not choose one that can improve your health efficiently?
Choose one — or all three — of these resolutions for 2019 that can improve your health in more ways than one.
Research has shown that losing even 5 to 10 percent of your body weight can bring significant benefits to your overall health.
- Better sleep quality
- Improvement in sleep apnea symptoms
- Lower risk of heart disease and stroke; increase in HDL “good” cholesterol
- Lower risk of diabetes; increased function of insulin-secreting beta cells
- Reduced inflammation and joint pain, reduced risk of arthritis]
To lose weight naturally, you can try drinking more water, cutting back on added sugar and refined carbs and incorporating aerobic exercise into a regular fitness routine. If your doctor prescribes phentermine to assist with weight loss, check Blink to see if you can save money. From December 26 — January 31, get phentermine for $1.99 or less (37.5 mg, 30 tablets only) when you click this link.
Get more (and better) sleep
Sleep is more than “downtime” for your body. Some researchers suggest approaching it the same way you would any other healthy habit, like eating well or exercising — it’s an activity you can do to improve your health and wellbeing.
- Improved mood; improved factual and procedural memory function
- Decreased risk of common cold symptoms
- Decreased risk of heart disease and stroke
- Decreased risk of diabetes
- Decreased risk of obesity
To fall and (stay) asleep, try to keep a consistent sleep schedule and avoid bright screens, caffeine and alcohol before your bedtime.
Blink offers low prices on zolpidem and eszopiclone, which your doctor may prescribe to help treat insomnia. From December 26 — January 31, get zolpidem for $1.99 or less (10 mg, 30 tablets only) by entering the code NYZOL19 at checkout, or eszopiclone for $3.99 or less (3 mg, 30 tablets only) by clicking this link.
Leaving tobacco behind in 2018 is a healthy change that could improve how you feel all over. It’s one healthy action that brings many rewards.
- Possibility of improved vision
- Reduced appearance of wrinkles and premature aging
- Sharper hearing
- Better breath; improved taste sensation; healthier teeth and gums
- Decreased risk of heart attack and heart disease; lower blood pressure; lower cholesterol
- Cilia in the lungs begin functioning again, reducing risk of colds and infections
- Increase in bone strength
- Decreased risk of erectile dysfunction
To quit smoking, develop a quit plan, identify smoking triggers and develop coping strategies for dealing with these situations. Also, remember to reward yourself for reaching certain milestones that you’ve identified for yourself. If your doctor says that bupropion is appropriate for your quitting goals, be sure to pay for your prescription through Blink to save money. From December 26 — January 31, get bupropion for $19.99 or less (150 mg, 60 tablets only) when you click this link.
What do these goals have in common? They’re each just one resolution that could result in many health benefits. If your doctor prescribes any of these medications to help you reach your goals, or other medications throughout the year, be sure to check Blink to see if you could save.
This article is not medical advice. It is intended for general informational purposes and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your physician or dial 911.
Blink Health is not insurance. The Discount Prescription Drug Plan Organization is Blink Health Administration, LLC, 233 Spring Street, 8th Floor East, New York, NY 10013, (844) 366–2211, email@example.com, www.blinkhealth.com