Get free metformin shipped to your door as part of our new initiative.
Today, more than 4,000 Americans will be diagnosed with diabetes. And there will be 4,000 more diagnoses tomorrow. And over 4,000 the day after. That’s about 120,000 new diabetes diagnoses a month — 1.5 million new diagnoses per year.
Diabetes is at a crisis point. At Blink, we’re doing something about it. Right now. Today.
Like you, many of us in the Blink family have been personally affected by diabetes. We’ve seen the struggle first-hand. So to all of the more-than 4,000 people who get their diagnosis today, and to all of the 30 million+ people already living with the condition in America, we want you to know that Blink is here for you.
As part of our commitment to tackling this disease, Blink Health is announcing the Zero Dollar Metformin initiative. Anyone with a valid prescription can get free metformin, plus free delivery. It’s our way of giving back and making it easier for those with this disease to better manage their symptoms.
Have a metformin prescription? Create an account for free and place your order today.
Here’s what you should know:
- You need a prescription to purchase metformin on Blink. Your doctor can e-prescribe directly to Blink Health Pharmacy, or we can easily and quickly transfer your prescription for you (here’s how).
- You can get what your doctor prescribes. Our limited-time offer is good for any standard dosage (500mg, 850mg 1,000mg) and any standard quantity (e.g. 60 tablets, 180 tablets) that your doctor prescribes.
- Your metformin will be delivered to your door for free. This offer is only available with our free home delivery service. (For any other medication you buy through Blink, you can choose free home delivery if available, or pick up your script at any of our 35,000+ in-network pharmacies — find one near you.)
- Once this limited-time deal is over, you can still get metformin — and all your generic meds — at the lowest price with our Price Match Guarantee. Once the deal is over, the savings don’t have to end. You can purchase your metformin (and any of our other 15,000+ generic prescription drugs) at up to 80% off compared to retail prices at CVS and Walgreens. If you find a lower price elsewhere, see if we can match it with our Price Match Guarantee.
- Have questions? Our U.S.-based customer care team is here for you, 365 days per year. Call or email us with any questions. We’re happy to help you, your doctor and your pharmacist.
Zero Dollar Metformin Initiative FAQs
Who is eligible to participate in this promotion? Anyone with a doctor’s prescription for metformin can receive their Rx for free for the length of the promotion, including new and existing Blink users. Blink works regardless of prescription drug coverage. A credit or debit card is required to establish an account, but there will be no charges for metformin during the promotional period, and Blink does not charge any membership fees. Blink will not charge you without your specific consent.
Why do I need to input my credit card info? You need a credit card in order to create a Blink Health account, however your metformin will cost $0 throughout the length of the Zero Dollar Metformin initiative. You may see a $1.00 temporary authorization charge on your credit card at checkout, which will be refunded after your order is processed.
How long will the promotion last? We plan to continue this program for the foreseeable future. In the event of any change to this price, we will let you know two weeks in advance.
What medications are included? Metformin is the only diabetes medication that is available for free for a limited time (note: extended-release formulas are not included, but still available at a discounted price). Other common type 2 diabetes medications, like glipizide and pioglitazone are available at low prices and for home delivery.
How do I get my medication? The free metformin promotion is only available via home delivery. Your medication will be delivered to you for free.
What if I already use Blink to get my diabetes medication at a discount — can I still take advantage of this promotion? Yes, existing Blink Health users can get their metformin for free during the promotional period, but only if they select the home delivery option. You may continue to pick up your other medications at your local pharmacy, or you may consider moving your other prescriptions to free home delivery by contacting our U.S.-based customer care team.
Additional diabetes resources
- Blink is one of two exclusive partners with Lilly, providing you savings of more than 40% on insulins like Humalog, Humalog Mix 75–25, Humalog Mix 50–50, Humulin N, Humulin 70–30, Humulin R U-100 and Basaglar KwikPen
- Search Blink for glucose meters and test strips at discounted prices
- Learn the differences between type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- Make a diabetes emergency plan
Offer valid with home delivery only and applies to metformin, not metformin ER. CVS cash prices herein obtained in 3 different U.S. ZIP codes based on the designated market areas (DMAs) with the highest number of Blink Health customers. Cash prices obtained February 2019 and subject to change. Blink Health is not insurance. The discount prescription drug provider is Blink Health Administration, LLC, 233 Spring Street, 8th Floor East, New York, NY 10013, (844) 366–2211, www.blinkhealth.com. Our affiliate pharmacy is Blink Health Pharmacy.