Hiring: Head of Community
Unshackled Ventures is a pre-seed venture fund for immigrant-founded startups. The fund is investing out of Fund III and is hiring our first Head of Community. Beyond investment capital, Unshackled provides full immigration support, including visa sponsorship and employment. To date, the Company has invested in over 70 companies and sponsored over 200 immigration filings.
The Head of Community will be responsible to plan and produce Unshackled Ventures online and offline community engagements with portfolio companies, immigrant operators, key stakeholders, and partners. This relationship-driven role will help create more dynamic networks and programs that enhance our community’s ability to learn from and connect with each other. This role requires the ability to define the community strategy, form meaningful connections across our network and translate these initiatives into purposeful events that give back to the Immigrant community.
- Establish meaningful relationships across our Immigrant network; serving as the firm’s point of contact for the community and increase member engagement across our platform
- Organize and design in-person events, virtual events, webinars, and intimate group meet-ups that facilitate connectivity across our founder, venture, and LP communities.
- Identify topics that resonate with the founder community for ongoing touchpoints and event-based themes and ideas; develop engaging content and collaborate closely with our Partnership
- Support the onboarding of Portfolio Companies into our network; leveraging Unshackled’s founder resources and active approach to supporting our founders
- Develop and execute a holistic strategy to drive awareness, engagement, and retention across our community of aspiring immigrant entrepreneurs.
- Assist in special projects related to the firm’s overall operations
- At least 5–7 years of work experience in a relationship-driven role with community-building experience, events, and marketing-driven work, sales or managing client-focused programs
- Excellent relationship-building skills; able to build rapport with a wide variety of personalities; you are a people person who brings a community together; high EQ/Low ego
- Creative vision for executing high-quality events
- Clear and effective communicator, both oral and written, with the understanding of how to leverage our network while maintaining our core values; comfortability with public speaking in virtual and in-person formats
- Aptitude and curiosity to take on new responsibilities within and outside of traditional community and events work
- Ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced environment; Comfortable completing complex tasks and projects with minimal guidance and reacting to situations that require a quick turnaround with appropriate urgency
- Ability to zoom in and zoom out with ease: you aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty, but can easily push the team to think about a “big picture” strategy.
- Experienced in launching, leading, and scaling programs in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re hungry to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment and want to work in a fund where you can really make a difference.
- Integrity, judgment, discretion, credibility, professionalism, and a good sense of humor.
How We Work (our culture)
- Curious — Our team has an experimental mindset, an important principle when building something new.
- Bias towards action — You have that entrepreneurial tenacity with strong execution chops. Each person on the team should feel empowered to take measured risks with strong judgment.
- Empathetic — It is tough being a founder and an immigrant. It’s important each person on the team can empathize with our community.
Location: Remote or San Francisco, CA.
Applications are currently closed — thank you so much!
At Unshackled Ventures we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.