How to participate
- From the Unsplash Awards website, select the category that you’d like to participate in and tap the
Submit a photobutton.
- Select up to 3 photos (note: only photos that were uploaded in 2018 will be visible).
- Press the
Savebutton to save your selection. You can come back and edit/update your selection at any time until December 7th.
You can also upload new photos and they’ll appear at the top of the photo selection list.
The deadline for submissions is Dec 7th, 2018 at 11:59 pm PST. Photos submitted after that time will not be accepted.
Do I need an Unsplash account to apply?
Yes, you’ll need an Unsplash account to submit a photo for the Awards. If you don’t already have one, you can sign up for a free account here.
What are the photo requirements?
New submissions and photos uploaded in 2018 are eligible to be entered. Photos must meet our Submission Guidelines. Please submit images that are at least 3,000 pixels on the long edge.
Each submitted photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that he or she has full power and authority to enter the photograph, and that the photograph does not infringe any copyright or violate any other intellectual property rights. The entrant agrees to indemnify Unsplash inc from any and all third party claims arising from the photograph.
Photographs that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud. When photographing the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close up of another person’s art.
If the photograph includes other people, you must be prepared to provide a signed written personal release from all persons who appear in the Photograph submitted, authorizing use of the Photograph. If you are unable to provide a personal release, upon request by Sponsor and in the form provided by Sponsor, then your entry may be disqualified. You do not need to send the release with your entry. If you win, we will contact you if a model release is needed.
The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsors, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. Photographs deemed inappropriate will be disqualified.
How many photos can I submit?
You can submit up to 3 photos per category.
Can I submit to more than one category?
Yes, you can!
Can I submit previously uploaded photos?
Photos that were submitted at any point in 2018 are eligible to be entered.
How can I nominate a community member to the Unsplash Community Award?
You can nominate an Unsplash community member by filling out this form.
How will selection work?
Submissions for the Unsplash Awards must be received between Nov 15th to Dec 7th. Submissions after Dec 7th, 2018 at 11:59 pm PST will not be accepted.
Our judges will be evaluating photos from each category from a pre-selected shortlist and the overall winner will be announced on December 17th.
Unsplash Awards Flight Giveaway — Official Rules and Entry Procedures
All categories winners will be automatically entered into a draw for a chance to win 1 of 3 free flights from Hopper, valued at $600 each.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS APPLY.
For the Official Rules and Entry Procedures, contact Hopper, Inc., 275 Third Street, Cambridge, MA 02142
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: Unsplash Awards Flight Giveaway (“Contest”) is sponsored by Hopper, Inc., 275 Third St, Cambridge, MA 02142 (“Sponsor”) and is open only to legal residents of forty-nine (49) United States and the District of Columbia (void in Rhode Island, Puerto Rico and all U.S. territories, possessions and overseas military installations) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older as of November 2, 2018. Employees and contractors of Sponsor or their affiliates, sales representatives, licensees, web designers, judges, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies or agents (all of the foregoing, collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling (or “step” of each) and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Contest. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entry in the Contest constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these “Official Rules.”
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest entry period begins at 12:00:01pm EDT November 15, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59pm EST December 7, 2018 the “Contest Period.” Winners will be selected from Entries properly submitted during the Contest Period.
- CONTEST ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: You may enter the Contest by entering the Unsplash Awards (up to a cost of $600 USD/ticket). You must follow the rules of entry outlined by Unsplash at https://awards.unsplash.com/. Each valid Entry constitutes a single entry, and the number of Entries is unlimited. A single winning Entry (each, a “Winner”) will be chosen at random at the end of the Contest Period and announced on December 15, 2018. Incomplete or invalid entries are ineligible. Entries may only be selected as Winners once. Alternative Method of Entry (“AMOE”): You may also enter the Contest by mailing an Entry form containing with your full name, date of birth, complete address, city, state, ZIP code, day and evening phone numbers (including area code), and email address (if any) to Hopper, Inc., 275 Third Street, Cambridge, MA 02142. To be considered eligible in the Contest, AMOE Entries must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on December 7, 2018. Disqualified Entries: Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the Entry or attempted Entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any website operated by the Sponsor Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods to create Entries; © violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: At the conclusion of the Contest Period (December 7, 2017), three (3) Prize Winners will be selected at random to receive one (1) round-trip airline ticket, with a value up to $600 per ticket. Total ARV of Prize is $600. Each of the three (3) Prize Winners will be selected from all eligible Entries during the Contest Period. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible Entries received. Winners will be notified via email to the email address used to enter the Contest, or to email address if provided. Disputes regarding the identity of an entrant will be resolved by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The determination of a Winner will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Contest, Winners, and eligibility of Entries shall be final and binding. Winners must respond to claim and accept the prize within seven (7) days of receiving a notification. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner, who may receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of the prize, if applicable. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (1) a Winner’s failure to respond to email notification within seven (7) days after its transmission; (2) a potential Winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (3) a Winner’s failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within seven (7) days after its transmission; and/or (4) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event of a Prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited Prize to an alternate winner. In no event shall the Sponsor be obligated to award more Prizes than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules. No prize substitution, cash substitution, or assignment or transfer of Prizes is permitted, except by the Sponsor because of unavailability, in which case a Prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
- GENERAL. Sponsor Entities are not responsible for: (1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the Winner upon entering the Contest; or (2) entries and/or responses to Winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind. Sponsor Entities are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the Prize; participation in this Contest or in any activity or travel related thereto or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer Contest information.
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Apple, or any airline.