Unsplash partners with Remote Year to bring you photos of inspiring places
We all have that special place we seek inspiration from. Whether it’s a quiet stroll through the local park, an interesting museum, or the stunning valleys of your favourite national park, there are certain places that inspire you more than others.
Remote Year is combining work and travel, hoping to change the standard 9am-5pm work environment to show that great work can be done from anywhere — not necessarily an office. The concept is simple — Remote Year coordinates travel, sets up accommodations and brings together groups of inspiring professionals to travel, live, and work in different cities around the world. You can also experience how real locals live with Remote Year’s Local Experience Tracks, which are curated, authentic, local experiences designed specifically for your interests.
We felt this concept was refreshing, and decided to partner with Remote Year’s community to create a curated collection around the theme “Inspiring Places”, to visually show how great work can be done from anywhere.
We would love to see photos of the places you feel the most creative. Whether it’s in your local cafe, or somewhere halfway around the world, it’s important to visually highlight that your best work can also be done from outside an office.
How to contribute to Remote Year’s Collection
There are 3 simple steps to contributing a photo to Remote Year’s collection:
- Submit your photo here: unsplash.com/submit
- Fill in as many details as you can, such as a short story describing why this particular place is inspiring to you.
3. Check off the “Remote Year” option during the Collabs section of the submission process.
A few other points:
- You may submit as many of your ‘inspiring places’ photos as you wish.
- All photos must comply with Unsplash’s Photo Submission Guidelines. All photos on Unsplash are licensed under the Unsplash License which means they can be used for anything for free.
- All photos must be submitted by January 15th, 2018 at 11:59pm EST.
- After your photo is submitted to Unsplash, it will be reviewed for approval by the Unsplash Editorial team, based on the guidelines above. The photos that are approved will show up on the Remote Year collection page, and updated every 48 hours.
- The Unsplash Editorial team, with the help of Remote Year, will select 10 featured photos from that collection.
If you’d like to meet over 3,000+ members of the Unsplash community, join us for free on Slack.