Working with Dribbble to curate a slam dunk collection
A few years ago, I launched my first startup, Crew, which was a labor marketplace connecting vetted designers and developers with high-quality projects. Every day, I’d browse through exceptional portfolios of some of the most creative people in the digital world. And more often than not, I’d be looking at a designer’s work on Dribbble.
Today, I’m browsing Dribbble for a different reason: to see some of the most beautiful pieces of work designers are creating using Unsplash photos. You’ll find Unsplash photos being used in website redesigns, mobile app mockups, and even digital remixes.
Because we love seeing both communities joining together in creativity, we’ve decided to partner with Dribbble to curate a special collection of photos inspired by your Hoop Dreams. Whether it’s basketballs, courts, teamwork or sneakers, we’d love to see your best basketball-themed photos.
Here are a few shots to help inspire you:
How to contribute to Dribbble’s Collection
There are 3 simple steps to contributing a photo to this collection:
- Submit your photo here: unsplash.com/submit
- Fill in as many details as you can, such as a short story, and location.
- Check off the “Dribbble” option during the Collabs section of the submission process.
A few other points:
- You may submit as many photos as you wish.
- All photos must comply with Unsplash’s Photo Submission Guidelines. All photos on Unsplash are licensed under the Unsplash License which means they can be used for anything for free.
- All photos must be submitted by February 20th, 2018 at 11:59pm EST.
- After your photo is submitted to Unsplash, it will be reviewed for approval by the Unsplash Editorial team, based on the guidelines above. The photos that are approved will show up on the Dribbble collection page, and updated every 48 hours.
- The Unsplash Editorial team, with the help of Dribbble, will select 10 featured photos from that collection.
If you’d like to meet over 3,000+ members of the Unsplash community, join us for free on Slack.