Working with the It’s Great Out There Coalition to inspire us to embrace the outdoors
Having grown up in a metropolitan city, I am thankful to the generous photographers on Unsplash who share photos of some of the most beautiful places on earth. Their photos help me discover nature’s gems, even if it’s only through their photography, like the Jokulsarlon lagoon or the Great Pyramid at Giza. To help continue to explore and never lose that itch to discover, a few years ago, Mikael and I have made it our mission to visit at least one new country every year. Since then, we’ve travelled to Korea, Japan, Italy, and France.
To help capture that spirit of exploration in all of us and appreciate what the world has to offer, we’re curating a collection with our friends at the It’s Great Out There Coalition. This organization was founded in 2017 to help facilitate outdoor activity, to motivate our society to spend more time outdoors, and to bring awareness to the successful #itsgreatoutthere campaign.
We would love to see photos of how being outdoors motivates and inspires you. Whether it’s a walk in the park or hiking with friends, it’s important to visually highlight the positive impact of outdoor activity.
Here are a few photos to help inspire you:
How to contribute to the ‘It’s Great Out There Coalition’ Collection
There are 3 simple steps to contributing a photo to this collection:
- Submit your photo here: unsplash.com/submit
- Fill in as many details as you can, such as a short story describing why this particular photo is inspiring to you.
- Check off the “It’s Great Out There Coalition” option during the Collabs section of the submission process.
A few other points:
- You may submit as many photos as you wish.
- All photos must comply with Unsplash’s Photo Submission Guidelines. All photos on Unsplash are licensed under the Unsplash License which means they can be used for anything for free.
- All photos must be submitted by January 26th, 2018 at 11:59pm EST.
- After your photo is submitted to Unsplash, it will be reviewed for approval by the Unsplash Editorial team, based on the guidelines above. The photos that are approved will show up on the It’s Great Out There Coalition collection page, and updated every 48 hours.
- The Unsplash Editorial team, with the help of the It’s Great Out There Coalition, will select 10 featured photos from that collection.
- Featured in the Unsplash curated newsletter to the Unsplash community.
- Featured on the Unsplash homepage, which gets viewed more than the cover of the New York Times.
- Featured on Unsplash’s Instagram, Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Featured on It’s Great Out There Coalition’s Instagram, Facebook and Twitter accounts.
If you’d like to meet over 3,000+ members of the Unsplash community, join us for free on Slack.