Today and tomorrow we’ll be auctioning off some very special properties. If you win the auction, you will win a legendary piece of America’s leadership history.
- Monday: 1pm PT Barack Obama’s Home while at Columbia University (142 W 109th St)
- Monday: 6pm PT Federal Hall NYC (26 Wall St, New York)
- Tuesday 2pm PT: Trump Tower NYC (721 5th Ave)
To bid in the auction, check out the details at the bottom.
Note: Out of the three auctioned properties, only the Trump Tower is an official NYC Landmark.
Because NYC is in Vanilla mode (and collections are not active), we will not be offering a suggested minimum mint price, and will be starting the non-landmark properties at base minting price, despite their historical significance.
Trump Tower will follow initial pricing based on information collected from the previous landmark auctions. Base price per UP2 will be set at 1,150 and a 200% premium will be applied for an initial auction price of 850,000 UPX
Obama’s Home while at Columbia University
Starting Bid at auction: 19,750 UPX
President Barack Obama lived in the White House 4 years ago, but let’s not forget he used to call Harlem home. Obama’s first New York home was a shoe-box railroad apartment at West 109th Street, which he shared with a roommate while attending Columbia University in 1981.
Starting Bid at auction: 93,600 UPX
Federal Hall is a historic building at 26 Wall Street in the Financial District of Manhattan, New York City. The name refers to two structures on the site: a Federal style building completed in 1703, and the current Greek Revival-style building completed in 1842. While only the first building was officially called “Federal Hall”, the current structure is operated by the National Park Service as a national memorial called the Federal Hall National Memorial.
After the American Revolution, in 1785, the building served as a meeting place for the Congress of the Confederation, the nation’s first central government under the Articles of Confederation. With the establishment of the United States federal government in 1789, it was renamed Federal Hall, as it hosted the 1st Congress and was the place where George Washington was sworn in as the nation’s first president. It was demolished in 1812.
Starting Bid at auction: 850,000 UPX
Note: The Trump Tower is an NYC Landmark, which means in Upland it will ultimately resemble the real world version of Trump Tower.
“Designed by world-renowned architect Der Scutt in 1983, Trump Tower has been a staple in the New York City skyline for over 30 years. Rising 68 stories over Fifth Avenue’s most desirable intersection, Trump Tower houses 263 residences unrivaled in quality, as well as one of the city’s most ornate atrium and shopping spaces. Once the tallest all-glass structure in New York City, Trump Tower offers residents not only a reputation, but homes that capture unobstructed views of Central Park, Midtown Manhattan, and Downtown Manhattan.
Trump Tower is home to three distinct dining facilities: the world-renowned Trump Grill, casual fare Trump Café, and the elegant Trump Bar. One of the most notable features of Trump Tower is the breath-taking 60-foot waterfall embellishing the eastern wall of the building. The combination of the luxury condominiums, world-class restaurants and high-end stores make Trump Tower a building of unparalleled luxury.“
To register, go to the “Treasures” section in the Upland menu, and select register. While registration will remain open until 30 minutes prior to Tuesday’s auction (1:30pm PT), you must register at least 30 minutes prior to Monday’s auction in order to participate (11:30am PT). You only need to register once to participate in both Monday and Tuesday’s auctions.
Registration will include a 50,000 UPX deposit, that will be returned on Tuesday, after both auctions are over. This is to ensure all participants are serious bidders.
How the auction will work
- The auctions will take place on the Upland Discord, in the #Auctions channel. You must join this channel to participate in the auction. Only registered players will be allowed to respond to the bids, but any players can join the channel and watch. Your Upland username must match your discord username (so we can find you and add you to the channel).
- When at least 1 player meets the bid, the price will be raised by 100,000–200,000 UPX, with a smaller raise as the auction proceeds. An Upland team member will post the next bidding price.
- This will repeat, until there is no longer a taker of the raised bid. That player will have won the auction and will have a limited time to then purchase the auctioned property. The property will be unlocked for the winning player and the price will be set at the winning bid. The winning bidder must be ready to purchase all necessary UPX required for the winning bid.
- In order to bid, a registered player will have to respond by quoting the most recent auction price and adding the “100” emoji, directly in the #Auction channel.
- If you are in the top 3 highest bids (in either auction), you will receive the Auction Badge.
- If a player wins the highest bid, but does not go through with purchasing the property, they will lose their 50,000 UPX deposit.
- Players will get their deposit refunded by visiting City Hall and collecting a private treasure, after Tuesday’s auction has ended.
- The winning player must have the required UPX within 10 min of the auction closing.
- We will provide a private flight to NYC if the winning player is in Fresno or San Francisco.
- We reserve the right to modify and improve the auction process described above.