User Research Introduction
User research basics for beginners
Research can be intimidating, especially if you’re new to it. Here are a few things to help you understand the basics!
- A User Experience Designer Might Not Be What You Think
Not explicitly about user research but this is a great read for folks new ux and user research to think about when considering career opportunities.
- Complete Beginner’s Guide to UX Research
- UX Research Cheat Sheet
- The 7 Deadly Sins of User Research
- UX Tools for User Research and User Testing
Fabricio Teixeira & Caio Braga
Lists of tools are ALWAYS helpful — here are 35 tools ranging from recording to recruiting!
- Consider these variables before you choose a UX research method
Here’s a high-level overview of research types and the product life cycle — a great intro for those just beginning with research and product design.
Interesting Studies and Reads
- [Video] Choice, Happiness and spaghetti sauce
- Design Research at Dropbox: How to win friends and influence product
- How a roadside rest stop inspired an entirely different approach to FAQs
Just a quick article that shows how answers to problems can be found in lots of places
Understanding the Field
- Lean Customer Development: Building Products Your Customers Will Buy
- Just Enough Research
- UX Strategy: How to Devise Innovative Digital Products that People Want
- How to apply a design thinking, HCD, UX or any creative process from scratch