That New Van Smell
We finally did it. After months of searching, we purchased a brand new Dodge Promaster so we can take our life on the road chasing adventures and epic mountain bike destinations.
We have a lot of work ahead of us to get this thing converted from an empty shell into a tiny home.
But first, we have to say goodbye to our smaller camp van we converted for short trips and summer swimming holes.
For Sale: $2500
2001 Dodge Minivan 6 cylinder with 139,000 miles. Looks great, no rust spots. Power windows, AC, cruise control, bluetooth audio. Oil changed every 3000 miles and in the past year we replaced all the spark plug cables and ignition coils, new brakes and rotors, and purchased new tires. We have complete service records for the past two years.
- Fold out sleep system for one or two people
- Two tri-fold memory foam cushions (24" x 72") that fit the single and double (48") bed perfectly
- Elevated sleeping platform provides enough space to sit upright with storage space below bed
- Removable mosquito screens for rear and side door
- Full-size spare (new) mounted under van
- Small rear drawer holds kitchenware
- Pullout rear table under the driver-side bed
- Mountain bike fork mount (we can remove if not needed)
Not good, but fixable
- We disconnected power to the driver-side window because it would go down but not back up and we didn’t want to pay to fix it since we do not use this as a daily driver. I suspect the motor needs to be replaced.
- There is a small crack in the rear light, but it passes inspection