White Paper: Venture Capital The Asset Class — A Review of Risk, Returns, and the Future of VC Allocations
GoingVC Research Series
General Partners of VC funds, whether they realize it or not, are not only competing for capital against other VC funds, but with other asset classes such as equities, fixed income, real estate, and hedge funds, among others. Therefore, having an understanding of venture capital as an asset class and how it fits into institutional portfolios is just as critical as daily fund and portfolio management. The same can be said for those seeking careers in the industry — how might fund sizes, stage focus, and the current environment shape a potential career in the Venture Capital industry?
To download the full paper, create your free account for the GoingVC Research Library (and get access to all our papers, models, guides, and more).
What’s included in this research paper:
- An introduction to the Venture Capital asset class
- How and why LP’s allocate to VC and historical performance
- Why early stage and and small fund sizes outperform
- Why risk limits allocations to VC within institutional portfolios
- What it all means for VC going forward
Want to break into Venture Capital? Click here to learn more about GoingVC.