Announcing The VeChain Anthem Contest, With A $50k VeUSD Prize Pool!
As we bid goodbye to 2022 and begin settling in for winter (well, half of the world, anyway), what better way to warm our souls than to tap into the collective wit and creativity of the awesome VeFam with a VeChain Anthem contest!
When times are tough, there’s nothing like a good tune to lift your spirits. 2022 has been tough for all of us - impactful global events seem to have unfolded one after another, however, VeFam has proven itself resilient time after time. With 2023 around the corner, we wanted to take the opportunity to start the year on a high, and celebrate the inevitable return of better days.
The winning Anthem will be our soundtrack of 2023 — a year we unveil many new exciting developments, both for VeChain and our community, while kicking off the digital-sustainable revolution on the mighty VeChainThor blockchain!
The VeChain Anthem — VeFam’s Soundtrack of 2023
Submissions to the VeChain Anthem contest naturally come with certain requirements. Successful Anthem submissions should include:
- At least several VeChain-themed words, e.g.: VeChain, VET, VTHO, VeChainThor, VeFam, Buidl, blockchain
- Be any genre
- Be fun — memes and humor encouraged
- Bonus points for sustainability-themed lyrics or words
- Be uploaded to YouTube and comply with YouTube’s community guidelines. No vulgarity, no hate speech, no racism, no indecent imagery and no political or religious agenda
- Be primarily in English, with other languages acceptable within reason
- Be no longer than 2 minutes
- Include lyrics as captions on the video itself
Contestants can either upload their entry as simple audio or with an accompanying video.
The Contest will run from 18th December 2022 to 18th January 2023. All submissions MUST be complete and uploaded by 18 Jan 2023, 23:59 UTC+0!
Once you’ve read, understood and created your masterpieces, use this all-important Typeform to formally submit your entry and announce your intent to enter the competition!
Once the submission deadline has passed, the VeChain Foundation team will pick their top 10 entries, putting them to community vote on the VeVote platform.
As a bonus, we’ll also be on the lookout for the video with the best production value — the one with those blockbuster feels. This individual will win “Best Production Award” and gain the chance to work with us on future media projects!
When judging submissions, we’ll be considering:
- Quality and ingenuity of lyrics (and inclusion of keywords) — 20%
- Originality and creativity–30 %
- Relatability — 20%
- Catchiness — 15%
- Positive and uplifting vibes — 10%
- Song length (under 2 mins) — 5%
- Bonus points: Sustainability-themed wording/phrasing etc
On the 25th of January 2023, the Top 10 videos will be added to our decentralized voting dApp, VeVote, and public voting will commence. Winners will be determined by the total number of votes received.
Voting is open to all eligible stakeholders — individuals who hold economic nodes, x-nodes or authority nodes. More details on the community voting process will be announced in due course, as a refresher of the process.
Of course, no competition would be complete without prizes! For the VeChain Anthem contest, we’re offering $50,000 in VeUSD, our native USD stablecoin, to 11 winners!
The tiers of winnings are as follows:
- 1 x Diamond: $20,000
- 1 x Platinum: $10,000
- 1 x Gold: $7,000
- 1 x Silver: $3,000
- 5 x Bronze: $1,000
An honorary single victor will be awarded ‘Best Video Production Award’ (Nominated by VeChain Marketing Team), with a $5,000 prize and the opportunity to work with our marketing team on future events.
To submit and be eligible to take part in the competition, please follow the instructions below, precisely:
- Create your video and upload it onto your YouTube channel
- In your video description, include the hashtag #VeChainAnthemContest, provide all sources used and give a brief description of the content. Be sure to mark your video as ‘not for kids’ when you upload, else we will not be able to add your video to the VeChain Anthem playlist
- Post the YouTube link on Twitter with hashtag #VeChainAnthemContest, being sure to mention @vechainofficial in your tweet
- Submit your details and the video link using this form
- After submission, your video will be internally checked and reviewed by the contest team. Once approved, it will be added to our VeChain Anthem Contest Submissions public YouTube playlist.
- Critically, be sure to submit before 18 January 2023, 23:59 (UTC+0)!
Terms And Conditions of Event Participation
Each individual is only entitled to submit one (1) entry for the chance to win one of the prizes. However, one of the top ten winners may also receive the Best Production award.
The following persons are not entitled to participate and are disqualified from competing:
(a) Employees of VeChain and their immediate family members (i.e. spouse and children)
(b) Employees or staff of advertising and promotional agencies of VeChain and any other parties which are directly involved in organising, promoting and/or conducting the Contest, as determined by VeChain
(c) Group entries are allowed, but must be clearly stated in the Typeform submission and video description, Group entries will be considered as 1 (one) entry only
(d) In the event of any unforeseen circumstances, VeChain Foundation reserves the right to intervene to ensure the intent and spirit of the competition is upheld
(e) All decisions made by the VeChain Foundation are final. VeChain Foundation reserves the right to amend and/or modify the rules and guidelines stated in this article at any given time
Good luck, VeFam! May the best Anthem(s) win!
About The VeChain Foundation
The VeChain Foundation, headquartered in San Marino, Europe, is the non-profit organisation behind the development of VeChainThor, a world leading smart contract platform spearheading the real world adoption of blockchain technology.
By leveraging the capabilities of ‘trustless’ data (information without intermediaries), smart contracts and IoT technologies, VeChainThor has delivered solutions in a wide array of fields, and now turns its attention to arguably the greatest challenge of all — building technologies and ecosystems to drive true sustainability at global scale.
Visit https://www.vechain.org to learn more.