vVectr — Free Vector Graphics Editor For Web & Desktop — Launching Out Of Beta!
We are so excited to announce that Vectr is launching out of beta! For two years now we’ve been working hard building our free cross-platform graphics editor, and now finally we are ready to show it to the whole world.
What is Vectr?
Vectr is a free collaborative vector graphics editor, for both web & desktop, that aims to help everyone create vector graphic designs easily and intuitively, using its simple yet powerful web and desktop cross-platform tool. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a seasoned pro, or just getting your feet wet in design for the first time — you’ll be up and running in no time flat.
Vectr is #Powerful, Yet #Free and #Simple
The most active users of Vectr are currently not designers but software engineers, project managers, bloggers and social media specialists — those in need to deal with graphic editing in their everyday work and can’t afford to waste time/money for overcomplicated paid tools.
With this launch we are introducing a bunch of new features and updates:
- Rebuilt / revamped UI
- Better layer hiding / locking
- Improved pen tool
- New desktop logo
- Crushed ~100 bugs
Vectr is #Social
Designing is a social activity — people love sharing what they’ve created and want to receive immediate feedback. Vectr understands this, which is why Vectr users are able to post their projects directly to Facebook or Twitter with a unique URL that allows others to edit the copy of the project as their own, and why over the coming year we’ll be building social collaboration directly into the editor.
Check out this PIKACHU real Vectr design here: http://bit.ly/2bgHu3c
Vectr is #CrossPlatform
Vectr is not only completely free, but also one of the only editors available which are cross-platform — on the web or as a desktop download — on Mac, Windows, Chromebook, or Linux. Up to now, most of these platforms were stuck without alternatives to Adobe’s bloated/complicated products.
Vectr is #Ambitious
For the past year, Vectr’s been updated regularly every two weeks since our “accidental beta” last September. As you’ll see in Vectr’s Open Roadmap, we’ve got some big plans over the coming year, including:
- Built-in Marketplace & Community — create, share, or sell designs assets with others on the platform.
- Google-docs Style Collaboration — Vectr’s a real-time, collaborative graphics editor. It’s like Google-docs, except that it also supports some offline editing if you’re ever without a connection. We’ll ship this tech later this year, but it’s mostly built so we’d be happy to demo it if you’re interested! Just send an email to email@example.com
- Built-In Version Control — no more threads of email attachments with “design_version_1”, “design_version_2”. Just send someone a link to your Vectr document, and you can view every version of that design in one place.
- + More — this only scratches the surface of what we’ve got brewing. Check out https://vectr.com/roadmap or reach out for more detail ;)
Join Vectr Community Now!
We are warmly inviting you to check out Vectr for yourself right in your browser or on the desktop. Also feel invited to join our public Facebook group, users are regularly sharing their designs and useful tips there.