Vectr Launches Embedded Editor Plugin For WordPress
@ Vectr we are very excited to announce launching WordPress plugin! That is the first plugin built using Vectr’s embedded editor API. During the following months we’re going to launch further plugins, so stay tuned! ;)
The plugin is unique in many ways, allowing anyone to edit images and create powerful vector graphics right from the comfort of your WordPress window.
We really hope WordPress community is going to enjoy it a lot — and we do need your help spreading the word!
Plugin Launch Details
- Date — Tuesday, February 7, 2017
- Plugin Price — Completely free, forever!
- Twitter — @vectrlabs
- Direct Link — https://wordpress.org/plugins/vectr-embedded-graphics-editor/
- Vectr Website — www.vectr.com
Why Is Vectr’s Plugin Unique?
Vectr’s plugin brings full features of Vectr to WordPress. It is unique because it is the first vector graphics editor available on WordPress as a native plugin, and allowing you to create or edit 2D graphics from inside of your WordPress window.
Most common application of Vectr’s embedded editor for WordPress may be:
- annotating / editing images
- adding watermarks or logotypes
- creating custom vector graphics
Vectr’s plugin is also free, forever ;)
How It Works?
- Once you install the plugin, the button of Vectr is going to appear in edit screen of all your pages and posts. It’s enough to click the button to bring in Vectr’s embedded editor right inside of your Wordpress window.
2. Log in Vectr, or create a free account. We ask you to do this in order to synchronize all your Vectr projects across the platforms. So that when you log in your desktop app or use Vectr online at www.vectr.com, you would be able to find the projects created using the WordPress plugin too.
3. Now unleash your creativity in Vectr straight from your WordPress! You can upload the photos or graphics in PNG, JPEG, SVG, EPS or AI formats, and edit them as you like.
It’s also easy to resize the files you’re uploading, check how to change the working canvas size in Vectr here.
In the end simply hit green button in the right top corner of the embedded editor, which would immediately insert your image into WordPress post or page.
4. When you publish the post or page with an image created/edited in Vectr, it would look just like any other graphic piece. You can also align it using WordPress tools as you like before publishing, and give it SEO friendly ALT description and name.
We strongly believe that Vectr’s embedded editor plugin will be a great addition to the toolbox of any blogger, content marketer, social media manager or journalist working with WordPress.
What Is Vectr?
Vectr is a free collaborative and cross-platform vector graphics editor, for the web and all the desktop platforms: Mac, Windows, Linux and ChromeOS. It’s friendly to use and has an extremely low learning curve making it perfect for both beginning and advanced users. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a seasoned pro, or just getting your feet wet in design for the first time — you’ll be up and running in no time flat.
Social Sharing & Collaboration
Designing is a social activity — people love sharing what they’ve created and want to receive immediate feedback. Vectr understands this, which is why Vectr users are able to post their projects directly to Facebook or Twitter with a unique URL that allows others to edit the copy of the project as their own, and why over the upcoming year we’ll be building in Google-Docs like collaboration directly into the editor.
Updates since the launch of Vectr 1.0 in September:
Some of the updates since the launch of version 1.0 have been:
- Grouping Of Layers — now it is possible to work with the layers in groups, modifying and manipulating them.
- Rounded Corners / Corner Radius — you can now change the radius of any straight point.
- .EPS and .AI files import — you can import Adobe Illustrator formats files to Vectr and continue working here.
- Interactive tutorials inside the app
- Vectr is 10 times faster now
- Built-in Marketplace & Community — create, share, or sell designs assets with others on the platform.
- Embedded editor API — we’re going to create plugins for all major CMS systems and platforms, which will allow to embed and use Vectr directly from there.
- Google-docs Style Collaboration — Vectr’s a real-time, collaborative graphics editor. It’s like Google-docs, except that it also supports some offline editing if you’re ever without a connection. We’ll ship this tech later this year, but it’s mostly built so we’d be happy to demo it if you’re interested! Just send an email to email@example.com
- Built-In Version Control — no more threads of email attachments with “design_version_1”, “design_version_2”. Just send someone a link to your Vectr document, and you can view every version of that design in one place.
- + More — this only scratches the surface of what we’ve got brewing. Check out https://vectr.com/roadmap or reach out for more detail.
Vectr Screenshots & YouTube Videos
We Appreciate Spreading The Word ❤
It is hard to express how grateful we are for spreading the word about Vectr. Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional information or inquiries.