Cassandra Speaks: Part 2: Power Stories: Intro
Today I read the introduction to Part 2: Power Stories of the Cassandra Speaks by Elizabeth Lesser. It was encouraging and uplifting. She shares her personal struggle at the Omega foundation which she co-founded. Her struggles led to a Women and Power conference. Here are my notes:
- Power definition- The energy, freedom, authority to be who we are, to be contribute and to create.
- Power is NOT: at the expense of others, oppression of others,
- Power corruption is: The urge to subjugate, punish, or annihilate
- Women and Power: How to do it differently?
- Do we need domination and violence to maintain order?
- Are men divinely or biologically predetermined to lead?
- Is the strong silent warrior better than an emotional, communitive speaker?
- Power for what purpose? Influence why?
- Promotion, money, leadership, to what end?
- What are going to use our power for?