Think Again: 9: Rewriting the Textbook
Here are my notes on Adam Grant’s 9th chapter of Think Again.
- Ask questions that don’t have a single right answer.
- Interrogate information.
- Reject rank and popularity as a proxy for reliability.
- Understand that the sender is usually not the source.
- Erin McCarthy- self directed research, assigns old textbooks to students to correct
- Robert Nozick — Thought experiments — one of them inspired The Matrix.
- Ron Berger — Grapples/problems to work through in phases. Think, pair share. Encouraged critique of work and multiple working drafts.