Think Again By Adam Grant- Prologue- My Notes
I really enjoy starting a new book. I listened to Adam Grant on the Rich Roll podcast in February while hiking in Tucson. I’ve read all his other books. All are thought provoking.
Here are my notes on the Prologue chapter.
- Most of us hesitate at the thought of rethinking.
- Opinions and knowledge don’t get refreshed/changed like other things in our lives. We get into seize and freeze mode.
- Under acute stress we typically revert to automatic well learned responses.
- This book will demonstrate the value of rethinking and adopting mental flexibility
- What if we were quicker to make amendments to our own mental constitutions
- How can we explore how rethinking happens.
- Let go of our knowledge and opinions that no longer serve us well.
- Anchor our sense of self in flexibility rather then consistency.