Hiring an Investment Team Member for our Digital Asset Fund (NY)
White Star Capital is a global technology investment firm partnering with exceptional founders building the companies of tomorrow.
Our Digital Asset Fund is the firm’s investment arm dedicated to partnering with founders building crypto and blockchain enabled technology companies around the world.
With offices in North America, Europe, and Asia, our presence, perspective and deep operational expertise enables us to partner with founders to help them scale globally from early stage onwards. Find out more here.
You will be joining a global crypto-native investment team of experienced early stage VCs, financial experts, quantitative researchers, and web3 operators who have actively advised and invested in blockchain companies since 2015. We partner with visionary founders who build for the billions of internet users globally so that we can experience a more open and equitable future powered by blockchain-enabled systems. With the launch of our Digital Asset Fund I in 2019, we partnered with 20 web3 companies globally including Ledn, Dfns, Cometh, Haruko, and Alex.
We recently announced the launch of our Digital Asset Fund II and are looking for an experienced investor to join us in New York. To be successful in this role, you will need to have i.) genuine passion for crypto, ii.) experience working for or investing in web3 companies, iii.) high level of autonomy paired with a strong collaborative mentality.
- Independently develop thematic thinking and source investment opportunities
- Assess investment opportunities through both qualitative and quantitative diligence including market research, token model review, financial analysis, valuation modeling
- Actively support in securing, structuring, and closing transactions
- Lead various initiatives related to the operations of the fund
- Provide hands-on support to portfolio company founders post investment
- Develop strong relationships with founders, investors, and other ecosystem partners
- 2–6 years of experience in venture capital, growth equity, private equity, investment banking, consulting, and/or growth, business development, corporate development, strategic finance roles at technology companies
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with high level of proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint. Extreme attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated passion for crypto
- Uncompromising integrity
- Professional experience in crypto-specific investing, deal structuring, and/or advisory
- Proficiency in crypto research and analytics tools (eg. Dune Analytics, Etherscan, Token Terminal, Messari)
- Familiarity with token design principles
- Strong network within crypto
If you’re interested in this role, please apply here.