Investment role at White Star Capital in London
TL;DR Looking to grow the team at White Star Capital’s London office
White Star Capital is an early-stage Venture Capital firm investing in exceptional entrepreneurs who are building the iconic companies of tomorrow. With offices in New York, London, Paris, Montreal and Tokyo and a team with deep operational expertise, we partner closely with the teams we back to help them scale globally. Find out more at www.whitestarvc.com
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We’re actively looking to ramp up our investment team in London and are focused on finding the right individual whether they be a few months out of undergrad or an MBA with the benefit of several years of relevant work experience. Title will vary accordingly. You will be based in London and your day to day will be focused on identifying opportunities for White Star Capital and assisting in the analysis and evaluation of these opportunities. Other responsibilities include: attending relevant industry events, sector deep dives, and publishing content in our areas of focus.
This is a unique opportunity to experience all facets of VC, from deal sourcing, to evaluating investment opportunities, transaction support as well as portfolio management, while also being part of an international team of investors.
● Flexible years of experience, however demonstrable interest in Venture Capital through previous work experience whether it be at tech startups, investment banking or private equity;
● Exceptional skills in Excel and financial modeling: you understand how to read financial statements & forecasts and to build a dynamic model, how to extrapolate narratives from large sets of incomplete qualitative and quantitative data; you have a focus on actionable insights supported by data that can drive decision making processes;
● An international component to your background or professional history: you may be fluent in more than one language, or you previously lived in a different country, or you did extensive business internationally;
● Intellectual curiosity that would impress a private investigator : to identify the highest potential startups, to do in-depth sector research and write investment memos, and to diligence investment opportunities (including: researching competitive landscapes, building financial models, reaching out to people who could be helpful in diligence and running diligence calls);
● Excellent interpersonal skills and the capability to take initiative, work autonomously, and to make sure all the details are just right; adept communicator with a network of individuals who think highly of you — you’ll be often talking to entrepreneurs and investors on behalf of White Star Capital;
● Passion for new technologies and learning emerging business models;
● Excellent organizational skills with a “self-starter” mentality and a desire for independence.
We expect a tremendous amount from our team, but we are confident it will be one of the most rewarding positions and opportunities to grow one’s career in the venture capital business.
Building diverse teams is one of our core values at White Star. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age.
All applications must be made through this URL: https://whitestarcapital.typeform.com/to/urmJTo . Applications by email will not be accepted. All interested applicants can submit a resume and cover letter and include links to external profiles (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, AngelList, Github, your personal blog, etc). Your cover letter shouldn’t be longer than one page and should answer the following question: Choose a startup that White Star Capital led an investment in during the last year: how would you have diligenced the investment? What private investigator-like actions would you take in your diligence? How would you structure your diligence?