Have you heard the news?! The 2019 Annual Réseau Capital Convention is just around the corner! It will take place on April 9th 2019 at the Fairmont Reine Elizabeth Hotel from 7:00am to 8:00pm. For the 28th edition of the Annual Réseau Capital Convention, you will be invited to deepen your knowledge on new practices in the industry, challenges and models as well as lessons learnt from previous experiences in venture capital and private equity.
As White Star Capital’s Co-Founder and Managing Partner, I’m especially excited about this year’s event because I have the honour to be one of its Co-Presidents alongside Geneviève Bouthillier, the co-chief investment officer of Fondaction. I decided to participate in this project after several years of being involved with Réseau Capital as I personally believe that this association plays a fundamental role in Quebec’s Venture Capital and Private Equity industry. I’m pleased to say that my passion for Réseau Capital is not only shared by White Star but by several of my colleagues as well who will also be helping out in this year’s convention.
Here’s some of the panels that what we have in store for you for this year’s congress:
- We will start the day with the Réseau Capital New Generation breakfast organized in part by my colleague Sanjay Zimmermann. Moderated by BDC’s Chief Economist, Pierre Cleroux: speakers will include Novacap’s President and Managing Partner Pascal Tremblay, HarbourVest’ Managing Partner Senia Rapisarda and our very own CFO Julie Plouffe
- Following this, the Quebec Minister of Economy and Innovation Mr. Pierre Fitzgibbon will launch the official start of the Convention
- We will then talk about Venture Debt and its link to startups’ growth with Silicon Valley Bank’s Managing Director Win Bear, Comerica Bank’s Vice president Kamal Bal and CIBC’s Managing Director Eric Laflamme.
- During lunch, we will have the chance to listen to Mr. Mitch Garber, Chairman of the Cirque du Soleil who will talk about his major philanthropic initiatives and his role in the new federal agency of Invest in Canada
- Then, we’ll tackle the themes of diversity and inclusion in the worlds of technology and investments with successful women as our keynote speakers, working at Desjardins, Breather, Deloitte and Women in Governance
- In the afternoon’s private equity workshop we will have a talk about hypergrowth with PlusGrade and Nuvei’s CEOs
- Last but not least, just before the closing convention hosted by Charles Emond from CDPQ
This is why I encourage everyone from the investment community in the area or who can make it to Montreal to be here on April 9th. Sign up to not miss this unique event that will make you bold and think big!