Venture Capital Internship @ White Star Capital in New York City
White Star Capital is an early-stage venture capital fund that backs exceptional entrepreneurs with global ambitions. With offices in New York, London, Paris, Montreal and Tokyo and a team with deep operational and financial expertise, we partner closely with the teams we back to help them scale globally.
With closing a new fund earlier this year, we are now looking for a talented young individual to join our investment team in New York this fall (2018).
About the Role:
We’re looking for an intern to join our investment team in the New York office. Your day to day will be focused on identifying opportunities for White Star Capital, assisting in the analysis and evaluation of these opportunities, conducting market and vertical deep-dives, and publishing content in our area of focus.
This is a unique opportunity to experience all facets of Venture Capital, from deal sourcing, to evaluating investment opportunities, transaction support as well as portfolio management, while also being part of an international team of investors.
- Full-time/part-time undergraduate Junior or Senior student
- Available to start in September 2018
- Available minimum 2 days a week on a flexible basis (naturally, we will respect and accommodate your school commitments)
- Able to demonstrate drive, intellectual curiosity, and passion for tech and startups
- Great interpersonal skills, willingness to take initiative, and work autonomously
- Good analytical skills and critical thinking
- Previous work experience (in any field — eclectic background is welcome)
- US or International students are welcome
- Finance skills and/or education is NOT required
Building diverse teams is one of our core values at White Star. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, and sexual orientation.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please APPLY HERE by August 12th 2018.