Please note Coinbase and MetaMask is not endorsed by Verasity. There are many other exchanges and ERC20 wallets out there which you may prefer to use — please make sure you do your own due diligence and research.
Participation in the Verasity Token Sale requires an ERC20 wallet. Sending funds directly from an exchange wallet such as Coinbase will not work.
The Verasity Token Sale is getting closer and closer! We know many of you out there are seasoned crypto-enthusiasts but we want to make sure that as many people as possible can participate in the Verasity ICO — even if they have limited knowledge of ICOs or blockchain technology.
In our previous articles we explained How To Set Up Your Coinbase Account / Purchase Cryptocurrency and How To Set Up Your MetaMask ERC20 Wallet.
In this article we’ll be explaining how to send Ethereum (ETH) from Coinbase to a MetaMask wallet.
How to transfer Ethereum to a MetaMask ERC20 wallet
1) Visit https://www.coinbase.com/ — double and triple check the URL to ensure you are on the official Coinbase website and login.
2) Login and click Accounts in the Coinbase navigation
3) Log into your MetaMask Wallet (if you haven’t set one up read this article)
4) Click the three dots above Buy and Send.
5) Click ‘Copy Address to clipboard’ — this is the public address of your MetaMask wallet
6) Paste the address into the Wallet Address field on Coinbase — here you are telling Coinbase where you want to send your Ethereum so make sure the address is correct!
7) In the Amount field enter either the amount in your local currency or cryptocurrency you wish to send.
If you are sending a large amount of Ethereum (ETH) it is good practice to send a small amount first — to make sure you have got the address correct. If you send cryptocurrency to the wrong address you will not be able to get it back!
8) Once you click continue you’ll need to confirm the transaction.
9) Your transaction will now be pending — you can see the status of the transaction in the Account tab on Coinbase.
Please note that depending on demand on the Ethereum network it may take some time for the transaction to complete. During high-network periods this can take a couple of hours.
When your transaction is complete you’ll see a confirmation screen that looks like the following
10) Congratulations! When you open MetaMask you’ll now notice that you have received your Ethereum and are ready to participate in the Verasity Token Sale (if you have passed KYC and are whitelisted).
How to keep your wallet secure:
1) Verasity will never contact you on social media with a naked wallet address and ask you to send funds to it. If you receive such a request please email email@example.com and do not make the transaction
2) Whenever you are not using MetaMask to check your balance or make a transaction log out of it
3) Be aware of fake pop ups that prompt you to unlock your MetaMask or pop up shortly after you log in to your MetaMask wallet — these are likely to be phishing attacks
4) Never enter your MetaMask password, private key, or seed phrase into a third-party website. You should only input your password, private key, or seed phrase into the official application
Join our community:
If you want to join the conversation about Verasity then please follow our various accounts below!
Verasity is a leading video platform providing unique Rewarded Player Technology to major publishers across the globe.
Our patent pending Rewards-as-a-Service (RaaS) Player enables VRA rewards, monetization and loyalty schemes within the player wallet. Our player technology is already available to 280,000 publishers with 240 million users and 50 billion monthly views. This brings engagement, audiences and revenues back to publisher sites. Our attention-based model creates a thriving VRA token economy between viewers, publishers and advertisers.
Verasity is the future of online video — Reach, Reward, Retain.