This Week: Community Vote on November 15, Vesper Lend Beta Updates, and More
Also: Matthew Roszak at the DeFi-ing Expectations conference, Vesper shout-out in CoinMetro CEO AMA, “Earn It” competition continues.
Upcoming Community Vote (Nov. 15)
Five Vesper Improvement Proposals (VIPs) will be up for vote on snapshot.page Monday, Nov. 15. They are:
- DPI whitelist (Proposed by Index Coop.)
- Revenue/treasury model upgrade (Proposed by Lisa Tan of Economics Design, per ongoing governance discussions.)
- Multichain whitelist (Proposed by Vesper Brewing Co. Encompasses perspective chains and their networks’ tokens — Avalanche, Fantom, Arbitrum, and Polygon.)
- Token Listing Party (Proposed by Vesper Brewing Co. Tiered whitelisting proposal for dozens of tokens reflecting strong communities, high APY, and meaningful integrators for other Vesper pools.)
- Vesper Orbit (Proposed by Vesper Brewing Co. Introduces an off-shoot “degen zone” Vesper app that does not adhere to the same criteria as the main app. We can more effectively introduce dozens of tokens in Orbit before some trickle up to the main app.)
As before, voting weight is calculated based on vVSP holdings. These governance items are key elements in positioning Vesper for a strong start in 2022, with an emphasis on a more sustainable treasury model and more proactive approach to listing emerging tokens and branching out to additional networks.
See the conversation in the Discord #Governance channel for more information.
Vesper Lend Beta Attack
The Vesper Brewing Co. team outlined the impact of (and response to) an exploit of the Rari Fuse Pool #23 (i.e., Vesper Lend beta), which took place at approximately 2:00 p.m. UTC November 2.
Additionally, co-founder Jeff Garzik provided this update on Thursday:
The VBC and Rari teams continue to work together to assess any users who were liquidated due to the price manipulation attack.
Now that VUSD price is restored, the next step is turning liquidations back on, and getting the attacker off the platform
Then the market will be ok and safe to use again (still at beta risk level)
It is our hope that we can make everybody whole, but we cannot make this promise, until we have done a full and complete accounting, which may stretch into early next week.
Some VVSP liquidity has already returned — You’re getting a great APY right now! — which means that others can start to withdraw their VVSP.
CoinMetro AMA Shout-out
In his own words:
“Vesper has a lot going for it; it has a small market cap and limited supply. They are trying to do something that aligns with us, which is breaking down barriers into finance and creating ways to earn passive income.”
Want to hear it for yourself? Fast forward to 6:24.
DeFi-ing Expectations Conference
Co-founder Matthew Roszak is speaking on a panel at the virtual DeFi-ing Expectations Conference on November 10.
The panel will cover key industry trends, with a focus on products and applications tailored to the unique needs of institutional investors.
Exclusive takes from Vesper’s track at Money20/20 — including backstage 1:1s with panelists — is now available. Keep an eye out for additional content in the coming days and weeks.
It’s Not too Late to “Earn It”
Vesper launched a global video competition to celebrate the launch of Vesper Earn — a new product that enables users to deposit one crypto and earn in another.
The best news? There’s still time to participate. Check out the full details and rules.
Keep up with Vesper on:
Did a (very good) friend forward this to you via email? Sign up to get this weekly update delivered to your inbox via vesper.finance.