In this monthly report, you’ll read about:
- how Viberate went from zero to 1 million profiles;
- who are the Superstars that already claimed their profile;
- why Contributors are the heroes of Viberate.
The Power of the Music Community
Our story started eight years ago, when UMEK, Matej Gregorcic and Vasja Veber started to measure 1,200 DJs in terms of their social media following. They wanted to find out how UMEK, who’s a world-famous techno producer, is performing in terms of popularity, and compare him with other artists in his genre.
The whole thing escalated when fans, DJs, managers, agents and other music enthusiasts discovered our page. In a matter of months, they added more than 30,000 electronic artists from all over the world to the database.
In that moment, a few things became crystal clear:
- fans want to see their favorite DJ listed;
- artists want to find new artists to collaborate with, and managers want to see how their artists stack up to others
- agents want to verify an artists’ real popularity before working with them.
We realized we had built something music professionals had been craving, a place where they could increase their knowledge and grow their career.
Fast Forward From Zero to 1 Million
Now, only a few years later, Viberate connects more than a million artists, venues, events, and festivals into a truly global network.
The list of stars who have already claimed their profile includes the likes of:
The Chainsmokers, Robbie Williams, Showtek, Red Foo, Imogen Heap, Meduza, Noisia, Gramatik, Netsky, and Chuckie.
And word of mouth in the music community is strong. When the new platform launched this year, several things escalated quickly:
- we’re getting hundreds of claim requests per month
- artists are replacing their existing websites with their Viberate profile;
- agencies are asking to connect to our API to feed their artists’ latest music, gigs, and channels to their websites.
Truth be told, keeping up with the increased requests, visits and attention would have definitely posed a challenge for us, perhaps even an impossible one. But thankfully, our backs are covered by a global community of dedicated music fans just like you.
The Real Heroes: CONTRIBUTORS
Our Contributors are incredible people from all over the world with amazing knowledge of music. They spot every new artist, venue or festival immediately, busting their asses off on a daily basis to add every single one of them into the Viberate database.
It’s truly an honor to have hundreds of committed contributors around the world, so we thought we’ll send them a special token of appreciation. For the occasion, the entire Viberate team got together to prepare the packages and fill them with T-shirts, stickers and a special letter.
You Can Become a Hero Too
The only thing you need is a passion for music! If you find an artist, venue or event that is not listed on Viberate, click “add new” and you’ll become a Contributor — and our hero.