BYOB (Being Your Own Best)
August 7, 2017
Namah Te dear All,
i hope this message finds all my fellow seekers infinitely, incessantly and independently Joyous!
From the middle of August to the middle of September almost all our Chinmaya Mission Centres in North America will recommence their Bala Vihar classes. 20,000 children learning all we need is Peace…awesome!
The success of these classes is the same children studying in our Junior Chinmaya Yuva Kendra classes.
The success of these classes is the same youth studying in our Chinmaya Yuva Kendra classes.
The success of these classes is the same young adults studying in our Chinmaya Setu Kari classes.
The success of these classes is the same transitioning adults living prosperously, living peacefully.
In May 2016 i invoked the sankalpa to rededicate myself to working with the young (see Youth Alone Can below). As we complete 2/3 of 2017 i am checking in:
January in Houston — — Face Everything And Rise Retreat for young adults
February in San Jose — — Lift Yourself By Yourself Retreat for young adults
March in Chicago — — Spiritual Parenting Retreat for transitioning adults
April in Portland — — Understanding Marriage Retreat for transitioning adults
May in Los Angeles — — Finding Calmness in Chaos Retreat for young adults
June in Pittsburgh — — Going Deep Retreat for young adults
July in Washington DC — — Finding the Fundamental Retreat for young adults / Greater Confidence Camp for youth
August in Boston — — Being Your Best Camp for youth
Pujya Swami Vivekananda loved the young! Hence his jayanti (January 12) is celebrated as National Youth Day in Bharat (India). With this feeling, summarizing what i have shared with the young this year, through the teachings of Pujya Swami Vivekananda, our E-Vichara…
E-Vichara (August 7, 2017) — — BYOB (Being Your Own Best)
- “Neither seek nor avoid, take what comes.” — always learn for every moment has been specially designed by our Creator for our comprehensive development
- “The brain and muscles must develop simultaneously. Iron nerves with an intelligent brain and the whole world is at your feet.” — always exercise for the body is precious and a maintained body is a catalyst for a meaningful mind
- “By doing well the duty which is nearest to us, the duty which is in our hands, we make ourselves stronger.” — always commit for the world is shaky and to be able to bestow balance one has to be balanced
- “Each work has to pass through these stages: ridicule, opposition and then acceptance. Those who think ahead of their time are sure to be misunderstood.” — always remember for if our purpose is clear we clear our path
- “All condemnation of others really condemns ourselves. Adjust the microcosm which is in your power to do, and the macrocosm will adjust itself for you.” — always lead for when one’s mind follows one’s intellect, others will begin to believe such inner leadership is possible for them too
- “The great secret of true success, of true happiness, is this: the man or woman who asks for not return, the perfectly unselfish person, is the most successful.” — always smile for not smiling is confusing the relative for the Absolute