Know Negative, No Negative — Part 2
September 3, 2018
Namah Te from Colombo!
i hope this message finds all my fellow seekers infinitely, incessantly and independently Joyous!
Travelling between Canada-Bharat-Sri Lanka, i was able to rest at the feet of my Master, Swami Tejomayananda. He shared with me, “You needing others and others needing you, both are an illusion. No one needs any one.”
Imagine the vision! A vision beyond thoughts…
To reach there though we need to evolve from bad thoughts to good thoughts. Let us continue to understand bad thoughts with the good thoughts of our
E-Vichara (September 3, 2018) — — Know Negative, No Negative — Part 2
- Verse 30 of Chapter 1 of the Yoga Sutras by Rishi Patanjali teaches us how thoughts are cyclical and one negative thought will cause another more negative thought — there are many shades of negativity our thoughts assume, each constricting our faith in Self-Knowledge, our faith in Self
- avirati (carnal thoughts) — a comatose mind can only think within the confines of ‘short term’ thus pursuing only that which is fast, facile and futile
- bhranti darshana (chimerical thoughts) — a carnal mind tricks itself into believing pleasure is peace, a most destructive psychosis
- alabdhabhumikatva (collapsing thoughts) — a chimerical mind is lost about the ends causing the means to be lost causing efforts to be fruitless
- anavasthitatvani (crushed thoughts) — a collapsing mind focusses on falls and ignores climbs despite every seeker experiencing steps forwards and steps backwards
- Can’t thoughts, complacent thoughts, confused thoughts, careless thoughts, comatose thoughts, carnal thoughts, chimerical thoughts, collapsing thoughts, crushed thoughts are all challenges to ensure we are strong enough for Freedom — as you think so you develop, think of the Creator and develop concentration