Kubo and the Two Strings
June 24, 2019
Namah Te dear All,
i hope this message finds all my fellow seekers infinitely, incessantly and independently Joyous!
With the development of podcasts, webcasts, etc. the access to Vedanta has become easier and easier and easier. More listening (shravana) should lead to more reflecting (manana). Are you reflecting as much as you are listening?
From September 2019 — June 2020 our Team is going to work to slow and stop our addiction to complacency (shastra vasana). Our experimental year will be monthly Classes revolving around Vedanta in Maya. And part of this effort is to see the Vedanta in movies. Stay tuned for this exciting opportunity!
Would you like a sample? How about the present E-Vichara…
Special E-Vichara (June 24, 2019) — — Kubo and the Two Strings
- During story telling/listening less paper is scattered just like our thoughts — thoughts make our experiences feel real hence the power of memories
- Biological death is inevitable while philosophical death is inhibited by remembering those who have passed — we are too extrovert to appreciate the subtle thus we ever expectant of the gross
- When we think shallow we develop the habit of not realizing all are valuable — those with physical/mental illnesses are not handicapped rather are differently-abled
- Allowing unnecessary thoughts to fall away is a catalyst to holding on to necessary thoughts — what we visualize we become
- Being regular with caring for one’s personality, family, society is being a hero — the more responsibilities one has the more heroic one is
- The cold believe success is perfection — the compassionate believe success is Peace
- The confused believe Infinity is immortality — the clear believe Infinity is Independence
- Paper continuously changes forms/names just like our bodies — we should direct our bodies not be directed by our bodies
- Two eyes symbolizes likes/dislikes and one eye symbolizes acceptance — the more our eyes move the more we are caught by greed
- Not paying attention is ignoring our nature is Awareness — forgetting is a self-inflicted curse
- The distracted encourage distraction — Divinity is in the details
- By revolving around the positive we release the negative — the greatest quest is evolving values to virtues