Meditation In Life
Making the Truth your own!
When meditation becomes a natural part of our day, we find our lives transformed and our minds at peace. The book “Meditation and Life” by Swami Chinmayananda, takes us through the thought process necessary to gain control of our inner world. It first shows us the logic behind meditation and then teaches us the specific techniques for applying meditative practice in our daily lives. We live in the outer world but prompted from our own within. Unless we master our inner lives, the outer scheme of life, however efficient or perfect, cannot but bring sorrow and unhappiness.
Schedule : Tuesdays commencing on September 9th 2019.
7:45 pm — 8:00 pm EST — Reading (This is Optional)
8:00 pm — 9:00 pm EST — Discourse by Vivekji.
Submit your registration in the form below (please scroll down).
- Class commencing September 9, 2019.
- Over 180 sadhakas are studying and practicing together in this course facilitated by Vivekji.
- Classes will NOT be locked this year.
- Course Text: Meditation and Life by Swami Chinmayananda. (Sourcing Text)
- All Class notes and weekly RAWs will be posted on this VG Website under study courses (https://medium.com/vicharagurukula/study/home). Please contribute with your comments and reflections on these posts.
- Classes are conducted online via Zoom. If you would like to test your zoom connection, audio, video or have any questions regarding this tool, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be glad to assist you
- All students must mark their presence and absence weekly and have attended 80% of Classes each semester to continue to be part of this course
- Please login at least 5 minutes before class starts, make sure your camera is on and you can see yourself clearly.
- All students need to have their audio and video working during the entire duration of the class — everyone seeing everyone is inspiring and creates a sense of equality
- When you log in please make sure to have your full first/last name and the names of everyone attending with you, in your display name. You can rename yourself by going to Participants at the bottom of your zoom screen — we need to work hard to make a virtual environment intimate
- Please make sure that you are comfortably seated (preferably cross-legged on the ground) during the whole duration of the class
- Please refrain from moving around or moving the laptop during class as this is distracting for other students.
- Every student should have their own copy of the text— by reading ahead and making notes mananam is encouraged
- Pets, laptops (other than the one to connect to zoom), tablets, phones, eating, any potential distraction will not be accepted— to engage in a subjective science demands a higher dimension of focus
- The only connection to the Class should be via Zoom Client which can be downloaded via their website (zoom.us), under Resources (top right menu bar)
- The only condition for which a Class can be recorded is if the student does so while present in Class and does not share this with anyone — to study a subjective science, context is important and shared recordings does not account for this