December 23, 2019
Namah Te from Chinmaya Vibhooti (Kolvan)!
i hope this message finds all my fellow seekers infinitely, incessantly and independently Joyous!
“Meditate! Meditate!! Meditate!!! This is the highest vocation in life — and man alone is capable of it. You try please. Let our arguments stop. Let us meditate and discover for ourselves its benefits and blessings. And in this we must help ourselves — no one else can ever help us.” ~ Swami Chinmayananda
Meditation is asana (changing postures) right? NO.
Meditation is pranayama (breathing exercises) right? NO.
Meditation is mantra (chanting sounds) right? NO.
“Without jnana (knowledge) there is no dhyana (meditation).” ~ Swami Tejomayananda
i am presently immersed in The Chinmaya Inspiration Yatra XIII (India). On our Yatra we are immersed in an advanced scripture on Meditation elucidated by an advanced master on Meditation. Sit down comfortably. Breath in deeply. Close your eyes. And listen to Aparoksha Anubhuti shared by Swami Tejomayananda, navigated by our E-Vichara…
E-Vichara (December 23, 2019) — — Meditation Undiluted — Part 1
- dhyata (meditator) — the sense of separation is the expression of ego — a quiet mind is absorbed into a still intellect, becoming an instrument sensitive to the limitations of egotistical living
- dhyeya (meditated) — separation is not real and so ego is not real — the foundation of creation is the Creator and the foundation of the Creator is Consciousness
- dhyana (meditating) — the intellect is disengaged from creation and directed to the Creator — the intellect is disengaged from the Creator and merges with Consciousness
- prayojana (purpose) — the nature of Self is Joy, logically then the nature of not-Self is not-Joy — meditation is the final practice to evolve from illuminating to Illumination
- pida (problem) — a mechanical lifestyle inhibits subtle thinking thus causing drowsiness — a superficial lifestyle inhibits focussed thinking thus causing distraction
- phala (proceed) — the fulfillment of meditation is Emancipation from the fear of death-unknown-sorrow — with all vices dropped one holds on to Being…
i pray to Bhagavan and the Guru-shishya-parampara that every reader and non-reader of the E-Vichara is graced with more energy, is guided with more enthusiasm.
Signing off for the year…